[ Edited ]

@CoastalGal wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

I like the glycolic products. This kit is $60

314-927

Serious Skincare Glycolic Renewal Retexturizing Regimen

OMGosh! That's exactly the line I love the most! It's fantastic! I also love the C cleansers and there was a temporary eye  lift that I absolutely LOVED! Most hated it because they overly applied it and it flaked . Plus, it's temporary and most want permanent. I was thrilled with the results. 

@Here is the eye cream. Use a tiny amount. Fab! It's on subscription. I will buy when the shows start. It's $34.99 but I think I paid less for it @ hsn? Hmmmm?  Nope, I checked. It's the same price. 

ssccool.jpg

What does this eye cream help with ?

It is a temporary de-puffing cream. You can watch it working. I use it if I'm going out for the night and my eyes are looking tired. I lifts them up. Again, it's temporary .  You use a tiny amount. It will flake out if you use too much. It really worked for me. I'm getting it again this weekend. 

I'm watching the shows right now. They are really doing well. It's fun watching. Heather is the host . I love her. 

@I bought Take 2 TTV and the reverse lift kit for my Mom. She loves the RL.  I ordered everything with free shipping on  EV card. I thought the RL  4 pc kit @ $49.99 was a good buy. I can't remember what it was on HSN?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Evine - Serious Skincare Sneak Peek and Web TTV's 1/3/2019

I started using SSC in my early 30's ~ of course as we get older we start trying different brands ~ but I always liked their products ~ it makes you wonder why we soend so much $ on other brands ~ with SSC youcan get a whole kit for the price of one item in other lines

Honored Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

I started using SSC in my early 30's ~ of course as we get older we start trying different brands ~ but I always liked their products ~ it makes you wonder why we soend so much $ on other brands ~ with SSC youcan get a whole kit for the price of one item in other lines

SSC still widely uses parabens and sometimes petrolatum, these are reasons why i avoid some of their products and go to other brands.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just read through the commnents and my consolidated comments are:

1. Re: the same team.  I guess I haven't watched a SSC presentation in quite awhile because I don't recognize the man.  

2. Re: Olive Oil Line.  I'm sure they have changed their formulations since I have used it, but when I did I didn't care for the cleanser.  They used to have a serum that was thick and green that I really loved though.  I mainly used it in winter and especially when we went out west for our ski trips.  But, I think they discontinued that one.  It was called Olive Oil Mega Omega 3 Restoring Beauty Therapy.  I did also like the Olive Oil Moisture Replenishing Oil. The only concerning ingredient in that would be the preservative DMDM Hydantoin which I consider a worse ingredient than a paraben.  

3. Re:  Shipping Costs.  I don't know anything about contract negotiations, but I did notice last night on QVC when Shawn was introducing the Vionic TSV she mentioned that Vionic pays the shipping on all their shoes.  So, that indicates to me that maybe the vendor makes that decision although the shopping channel might also run their own specials.

4.  I noticed one of the specials was a Creamarum Evolve eye cream.  I loved the Super Creamarum when they first came out with it.  But, they had to improve it turning it into Creamarum Evolve AND increase the price on it.  I liked the old version much better.  

Overall, I sorta felt like they kept bumping up the pricing.  One of the things that drew me to the brand was the affordability of it. But, I think my favorite M Asam brand has been doing that too.  Eventually, they too may price themselves out of my budget.

ETA:  I also meant to say that Bouncy Cream the guy keeps saying it makes you look 10 years younger, but the girl in the before & after pic doesn't look 10 years younger in the after.  

Honored Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

@CoastalGal wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

I like the glycolic products. This kit is $60

314-927

Serious Skincare Glycolic Renewal Retexturizing Regimen

OMGosh! That's exactly the line I love the most! It's fantastic! I also love the C cleansers and there was a temporary eye  lift that I absolutely LOVED! Most hated it because they overly applied it and it flaked . Plus, it's temporary and most want permanent. I was thrilled with the results. 

@Here is the eye cream. Use a tiny amount. Fab! It's on subscription. I will buy when the shows start. It's $34.99 but I think I paid less for it @ hsn? Hmmmm?  Nope, I checked. It's the same price. 

ssccool.jpg

What does this eye cream help with ?

It is a temporary de-puffing cream. You can watch it working. I use it if I'm going out for the night and my eyes are looking tired. I lifts them up. Again, it's temporary .  You use a tiny amount. It will flake out if you use too much. It really worked for me. I'm getting it again this weekend. 

I'm watching the shows right now. They are really doing well. It's fun watching. Heather is the host . I love her. 

@I bought Take 2 TTV and the reverse lift kit for my Mom. She loves the RL.  I ordered everything with free shipping on  EV card. I thought the RL  4 pc kit @ $49.99 was a good buy. I can't remember what it was on HSN?

@BdBettyB - it seems like the 'effective' SSC products sre temporary. The Glycolic line is good but it's pretty basic. I don't think it's good to use the Glycolic cleanser daily, night & day esp if you use peels and regular masks.

I watched the Thur night shows and Jennifer bragged about them introducing a new product/innovation every decade, lol not very innovative or impressive.  They look and sound like amateurs - what's with the bed foam demo for the new face cream. Its funny and pedestrian.  Brands like Skinn, Isomers and Elysee provide true treatments, viable ingredients and longer term cumulative results. 

I'm happy and relieved that D negotiated a deal with HSN. I hope we get the same benefits as Beekman customers with free shipping during the shows/events.  Evine has no loyalty toward customers or vendors.  They are poorly managed and their screw ups backfire on themselves,  lol.  

The primary benefit to Evine management with the SSC deal is no cash outlay to the vendor. They don't care about long term customers. There might be a slight bump in new customers to Evine, but it won't offset the loss of Skinn customers and they are still reeling from the loss of Beekman customers. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: Evine - Serious Skincare Two TTV's 1/3/2019

My shopping with Evine continues to decline. We'll see what happens with Isomers.  I like some of the Active Argan products and will shop when there are good offers for AA and Isomers.  At one point Evine had a good share of my beauty budget/wallet. 

Looks like the California based olive line ODE is no longer at Evine. I wonder if Sirot will be back? 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

1. Re: the same team.  I guess I haven't watched a SSC presentation in quite awhile because I don't recognize the man.  

2. Re: Olive Oil Line.  I'm sure they have changed their formulations since I have used it, but when I did I didn't care for the cleanser.  They used to have a serum that was thick and green that I really loved though.  I mainly used it in winter and especially when we went out west for our ski trips.  But, I think they discontinued that one.  It was called Olive Oil Mega Omega 3 Restoring Beauty Therapy.  I did also like the Olive Oil Moisture Replenishing Oil. The only concerning ingredient in that would be the preservative DMDM Hydantoin which I consider a worse ingredient than a paraben.  

3. Re:  Shipping Costs.  I don't know anything about contract negotiations, but I did notice last night on QVC when Shawn was introducing the Vionic TSV she mentioned that Vionic pays the shipping on all their shoes.  So, that indicates to me that maybe the vendor makes that decision although the shopping channel might also run their own specials.

4.  I noticed one of the specials was a Creamarum Evolve eye cream.  I loved the Super Creamarum when they first came out with it.  But, they had to improve it turning it into Creamarum Evolve AND increase the price on it.  I liked the old version much better.  

Overall, I sorta felt like they kept bumping up the pricing.  One of the things that drew me to the brand was the affordability of it. But, I think my favorite M Asam brand has been doing that too.  Eventually, they too may price themselves out of my budget.

ETA:  I also meant to say that Bouncy Cream the guy keeps saying it makes you look 10 years younger, but the girl in the before & after pic doesn't look 10 years younger in the after.  

I was curious about the ingredient that you said was worse than parabans ~ so I googled it This is what I found ~ it doesnt look bad ~ 

As of 2005 however, the independent Cosmetic Ingredient Review panel (established in 1976) lists DMDM hydantoin as a "safe" ingredient [2]. The benefits outweigh the risks, especially at the low levels that are found in most cosmetics:

The CIR Expert Panel has reviewed the safety of formaldehyde in cosmetics and personal care products and concluded that it was safe to a great majority of consumers but has limited the concentration to 0.2% free formaldehyde due to the skin sensitivity of some individuals to this agent. The amount of DMDM Hydantoin required to preserve a product (less than 1%) does not expose the consumer to concentrations of formaldehyde above the 0.2% limit for formaldehyde recommended by the CIR Expert Panel.

So unless someone is very sensitive to formaldehyde, this is a generally safe chemical. It is poorly absorbed by the skin, and there are no adverse effects from oral exposure [2]. Nevertheless, when finding toiletries (e.g. baby wipes, sunscreen, etc) for babies and young children, it might be a good idea to stick to preservatives that are associated with fewer complications. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Evine - Serious Skincare Two TTV's 1/3/2019

Unless there is a negotiated agreement, I doubt Skinn will have Jan shows on Evine. Funny how Evine posted Skinn Jan show schedule but did not post the Nov or Dec show schedules.  Curious to see what happens to the Evine/Skinn inventory - maybe some good buys as was offered when Beekman left. 

I'm glad the Skinn news leaked, kind of spoils the SSC party/launch  Woman LOL seems like very little excitement for SSC launch. More like FLOP Woman Tongue

The SSC shows I watched on Thur night were so hyped. Heather used to be reliable and enjoyable. She started to demonstrate unreliability when Consult launched.  Thurs night she was unwatchable - squealing and shouting. I know she's just doing her job...but she's no longer the dependable/reliable/ enjoyable host to watch. Stock up, stock up, squeal Woman LOL Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I was curious about the ingredient that you said was worse than parabans ~ so I googled it This is what I found ~ it doesnt look bad ~ 

As of 2005 however, the independent Cosmetic Ingredient Review panel (established in 1976) lists DMDM hydantoin as a "safe" ingredient [2]. The benefits outweigh the risks, especially at the low levels that are found in most cosmetics:

The CIR Expert Panel has reviewed the safety of formaldehyde in cosmetics and personal care products and concluded that it was safe to a great majority of consumers but has limited the concentration to 0.2% free formaldehyde due to the skin sensitivity of some individuals to this agent. The amount of DMDM Hydantoin required to preserve a product (less than 1%) does not expose the consumer to concentrations of formaldehyde above the 0.2% limit for formaldehyde recommended by the CIR Expert Panel.

So unless someone is very sensitive to formaldehyde, this is a generally safe chemical. It is poorly absorbed by the skin, and there are no adverse effects from oral exposure [2]. Nevertheless, when finding toiletries (e.g. baby wipes, sunscreen, etc) for babies and young children, it might be a good idea to stick to preservatives that are associated with fewer complications. 

@CoastalGal, thanks for the info.  I don't avoid the use of DMDM Hydantoin, but I also don't avoid the use of parabens.  I just found the link to cancer with DMDM hydantoin to be as compelling to me as for parabens.  I'm not overly concerned about either of these ingredients.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can only think of a few beauty brand reps on the three channels who bring science into their sales pitch. We all know who they are  The rest are just fun and fluffy sales presentations and nothing more. I like Jennifer and take her as nothing more than the latter. There's nothing wrong with it. The hosts on every channel say the same thing over and over no matter what they are selling. I do have my favorites, though.  I buy and use products that work for me. I use maybe 6-8 different brands. I could care less what channel they are sold  on. Most of my purchases have been with HSN but in the last few years I've switch to Evine. If something isn't working for me then I just keep it moving until I find the right item, My husband who is a scientist always says to me  the majority of beauty products are temporary short term or long term. Nothing is permanent. He's correct. Deep down we all know this. It's about genetics and lifestyle. End of story.  Beauty items are sold to make people feel better about themselves and for me they do. That is why I buy them.