Honored Contributor

Re: Evine - Serious Skincare Sneak Peek and Web TTV's 1/3/2019

@Chi-town girl  Understand that I don't use SSC.

You make some good points but I don't consider Consulte to be a big brand. Yeah, their rich but that doesn't mean their in it for the long haul; "get the money, honey, and then see ya" could be their motto. Don't know, don't care. However...

Trish McEvoy has been around for 30 years plus and is one of the few independent cosmetic companies. She said on air that she follows her customers and sees no reason why they should pay for shipping on HSN since she doesn't charge it on her own site. Bravo!

I think IT, Bobbi Brown (owned by Estee Lauder) and many other HUGE companies could offer it but choose not to though I don't know why which makes me wonder about the negotiations mentioned earlier; would love to know how/why some are able to not charge while others do.

SKINN and ISOMERS ARE big players at Evine.I think both should offer far more than they do for their customers when it comes to shipping BUT....I don't think EVINE is all that big/great as a company. Not going to pretend I understand the deal with EVINE that SSC made; only stocks for payment? I think that's stupid but again, what do I know. I don't think HSN or SSC wanted to end their union; I think it was forced by the new boss in town that merged HSN and QVC. IMHO, there are MANY mistakes being made as a result to this and so far, I've spent no money with either company in the past 6 months and see no reason to going further. That says a lot (at least to me and those who know me and my history with these 2 sites).

In the end, it'll be interesting to see what happens with all of them. Competition IS good but what matters are the final results.

Trusted Contributor

Serious Skincare Super Size Phyto Pumpkin Acid-Free Scrub 8.8 oz

$ 29.95 Web Today's Top Value

sscscrub.jpg
Trusted Contributor

Has anyone tried the Olive Oil line? I'm very interested.      Serious Skincare 5-Piece Olive Oil Face & Body Dry Skin Regimen

$ 69.95 Discover Price

sscoo.jpg
Trusted Contributor

Nicely priced item -  Serious Skincare Super Size Emu & Aloe Soothing Facial Cream 8 oz

$ 19.50 Discover

sscea.jpg
Trusted Contributor

Jennifer wrote on FB , "So your favorite cleanser is back! But don’t buy it yet😉! You’ll want to see the TODAYS TOP VALUE first on EVINE tonight."

sscttv13.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Chi-town girl  Understand that I don't use SSC.

You make some good points but I don't consider Consulte to be a big brand. Yeah, their rich but that doesn't mean their in it for the long haul; "get the money, honey, and then see ya" could be their motto. Don't know, don't care. However...

Trish McEvoy has been around for 30 years plus and is one of the few independent cosmetic companies. She said on air that she follows her customers and sees no reason why they should pay for shipping on HSN since she doesn't charge it on her own site. Bravo!

I think IT, Bobbi Brown (owned by Estee Lauder) and many other HUGE companies could offer it but choose not to though I don't know why which makes me wonder about the negotiations mentioned earlier; would love to know how/why some are able to not charge while others do.

SKINN and ISOMERS ARE big players at Evine.I think both should offer far more than they do for their customers when it comes to shipping BUT....I don't think EVINE is all that big/great as a company. Not going to pretend I understand the deal with EVINE that SSC made; only stocks for payment? I think that's stupid but again, what do I know. I don't think HSN or SSC wanted to end their union; I think it was forced by the new boss in town that merged HSN and QVC. IMHO, there are MANY mistakes being made as a result to this and so far, I've spent no money with either company in the past 6 months and see no reason to going further. That says a lot (at least to me and those who know me and my history with these 2 sites).

In the end, it'll be interesting to see what happens with all of them. Competition IS good but what matters are the final results.

@SahmIam - I didn't realize Trisha was a big player for skin care . I only use a few of her color cosmetics. Love her planner systems but 1 is sufficient. I also love her eye base & eye lift products but they are pricey so I found dupes. I think overall her prices are high so she has room to offer 'free' shipping.

I have not found SSC skin care to be effective so I won't be purchasing regardless of price or shippng fees. The glycolic kit is a cleanser kit which I would buy but $60 is high. I don't think I'm shopping this event but if D and Manuella see it as competition we might benefit with some better pricing and specials 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

@BdBettyB  Meaning, a vendor that has a huge following/big sales either because of their time on the network OR because they're already a big name brand and being on the network is a sweet deal for that network.

Trish McEvoy has offered FREE shipping on all her products since Day 1. Now, either SHE is paying for it because she values her customers that much OR she negotiated with HSN that HSN pays it as part of her contract. 

One of the things that I dislike about IT Cosmetics is when they first arrived, they were a nobody; it was the exposure on QVC that propelled them to the huge line/company it has become. You would think that IT Cosmetics would offer free shipping consider the $$$$ they were making OR have QVC give the IT customers free shipping; they didn't. Whatever.

SKINN is a BIG player on Evine. So, he could either eat the cost or negotiate it with Evine. Obviously, he did neither. That's the point she's making.

And which I agree 100% with.

I thought all beauty on HSN shipped for free, regardless of the brand, while they were on air?   That being said, Trish's prices are also steep so that may be why the free s/h is offered as well. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The TTV is now live! I've updated this at the top of this thread. 

TTV #1 --- Serious Skincare Take 2 Bouncy-Gel Cream w/ Bonus Glycolic Cleanser

$39.99

TTV#2 ---Serious Skincare Microcurrent EGG Facial Toning Kit & Super Size 32 oz Reverse Lift Clean

$ 119.99
Honored Contributor

Re: Evine - Serious Skincare TTV's 1/3/2019

Prices are much higher in general than on HSN.....😦

Occasional Contributor

Re: Evine - Serious Skincare TTV's 1/3/2019

on at 7 central  EVINE