Honored Contributor

Re: Evine - Serious Skincare Sneak Peek and Web TTV's 1/3/2019

@ Montana wrote:

Looks like Serious Skin Care is bringing their “A” game.

Smart move.

Agree. Apparently they also had someone negotiate their deal who knew what they wanted and asked for it. I have been saying for years the reason Dimitri didn't have certain things was because he didn't ask for them or he didn't know how to negotiate. If it's the latter, he should have hired someone who did. How many years have we heard Skinn is the number one beauty line at Evine so why didn't/don't they use their status to do something for their customers? The answer is either he couldn't care less or he doesn't know his own power.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Trusted Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@ Montana wrote:

Smart move.

Agree. Apparently they also had someone negotiate their deal who knew what they wanted and asked for it. I have been saying for years the reason Dimitri didn't have certain things was because he didn't ask for them or he didn't know how to negotiate. If it's the latter, he should have hired someone who did. How many years have we heard Skinn is the number one beauty line at Evine so why didn't/don't they use their status to do something for their customers? The answer is either he couldn't care less or he doesn't know his own power.

I'm not following. Sorry. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

I like the glycolic products. This kit is $60

314-927

Serious Skincare Glycolic Renewal Retexturizing Regimen

OMGosh! That's exactly the line I love the most! It's fantastic! I also love the C cleansers and there was a temporary eye  lift that I absolutely LOVED! Most hated it because they overly applied it and it flaked . Plus, it's temporary and most want permanent. I was thrilled with the results. 

@BdBettyB I'm hoping they bring back one of my favorite gycolic products- the glycolic mask. It had been in so many of their kits- I THOUGHT I had too many backups! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@BdBettyB  Meaning, a vendor that has a huge following/big sales either because of their time on the network OR because they're already a big name brand and being on the network is a sweet deal for that network.

Trish McEvoy has offered FREE shipping on all her products since Day 1. Now, either SHE is paying for it because she values her customers that much OR she negotiated with HSN that HSN pays it as part of her contract. 

One of the things that I dislike about IT Cosmetics is when they first arrived, they were a nobody; it was the exposure on QVC that propelled them to the huge line/company it has become. You would think that IT Cosmetics would offer free shipping consider the $$$$ they were making OR have QVC give the IT customers free shipping; they didn't. Whatever.

SKINN is a BIG player on Evine. So, he could either eat the cost or negotiate it with Evine. Obviously, he did neither. That's the point she's making.

And which I agree 100% with.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @SahmIam.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@BdBettyB  Meaning, a vendor that has a huge following/big sales either because of their time on the network OR because they're already a big name brand and being on the network is a sweet deal for that network.

Trish McEvoy has offered FREE shipping on all her products since Day 1. Now, either SHE is paying for it because she values her customers that much OR she negotiated with HSN that HSN pays it as part of her contract. 

One of the things that I dislike about IT Cosmetics is when they first arrived, they were a nobody; it was the exposure on QVC that propelled them to the huge line/company it has become. You would think that IT Cosmetics would offer free shipping consider the $$$$ they were making OR have QVC give the IT customers free shipping; they didn't. Whatever.

SKINN is a BIG player on Evine. So, he could either eat the cost or negotiate it with Evine. Obviously, he did neither. That's the point she's making.

And which I agree 100% with.

Thank you for clarifying. Makes absolute sense. 

Respected Contributor

I think they will be huge competitors for Skinn and Isomers, neither of which impress me.

I have used and liked some Serious Skin Care, and I currently use the Glycolic Gommage.  It is a fabulous exfoliation product for me.  You get the glycolic first, then the manual exfoliation as you remove the mask after 10 minutes.  Love it, and it doesn't bother my now drier skin. 

I used the use the C Extreme Results until my skin got drier.  It was fabulous, but too hard for my skin.  The newer version (one step instead of two) was okay, not as good as the original, but lighter.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@ Montana wrote:

Smart move.

I'm not following. Sorry. 

How strong of a negotiation was it for SSC??? After being booted by HSN/QVC they needed a new sales venue and this was the only TV option. And per Evine financial reports,  SSC/Jennifer will be compensated in Evine stock. So, her compensation is not only based on her sales but the consolidated results of all Evine vendors. I think Evine had the upper hand in those negotiations...

Do we ever see free shipping for Consulte?  I don't recall there ever being any great offers from the wealthy dr and Heather. They can certainly afford to give back to their customers. 

I think Evine is offering the reduced/free shipping for SSC given the fact they have zero cash payout to SSC.

Competition is good for consumers but I don't see SSC replacing Skinn or Isomers in my regime. I tried a number of SSC products and they were "one and done" for me, no comparison or competition to the results I have with Skinn and Isomers. I might purchase some of the glycolic products if there are good deals. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I used to use SSC when I was younger, before I switched to Dr. Denese and now Isomers.  The only product I still occasionally use is their dry-lo.  I had some peri-menopausal hormonal breakouts and still get an occasion reaction when I try something new. That product works wonders for my skin when I need it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@BdBettyB   Thanks for the info!    I ordered her Glycolic Extreme Facial Peel.........at a rock bottom price!    (I hope the price reduction isn't an indication of it being eliminated.)

Great price, for a great product.

@Shelbelle@BdBettyB@Desertdi    I currently use Paula Choice 2% BHA.  What is the difference in using a BHA and AHA (that this Glycolic Peel is)??  Why would I choose one over the other?