Occasional Contributor

Re: Evine - Serious Skincare Sneak Peek and Web TTV's 1/3/2019

Yes, I love it and never want to be out of it.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BdBettyB wrote:

I can only think of a few beauty brand reps on the three channels who bring science into their sales pitch. We all know who they are  The rest are just fun and fluffy sales presentations and nothing more. I like Jennifer and take her as nothing more than the latter. There's nothing wrong with it. The hosts on every channel say the same thing over and over no matter what they are selling. I do have my favorites, though.  I buy and use products that work for me. I use maybe 6-8 different brands. I could care less what channel they are sold  on. Most of my purchases have been with HSN but in the last few years I've switch to Evine. If something isn't working for me then I just keep it moving until I find the right item, My husband who is a scientist always says to me  the majority of beauty products are temporary short term or long term. Nothing is permanent. He's correct. Deep down we all know this. It's about genetics and lifestyle. End of story.  Beauty items are sold to make people feel better about themselves and for me they do. That is why I buy them. 

@BdBettyB I agree with you about genetics and lifestyle.  I also think that age (hormonal factors) and stress play a role.   In addition, I think that we need to break the routine sometimes to give our skin a boost.

Trusted Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

I can only think of a few beauty brand reps on the three channels who bring science into their sales pitch. We all know who they are  The rest are just fun and fluffy sales presentations and nothing more. I like Jennifer and take her as nothing more than the latter. There's nothing wrong with it. The hosts on every channel say the same thing over and over no matter what they are selling. I do have my favorites, though.  I buy and use products that work for me. I use maybe 6-8 different brands. I could care less what channel they are sold  on. Most of my purchases have been with HSN but in the last few years I've switch to Evine. If something isn't working for me then I just keep it moving until I find the right item, My husband who is a scientist always says to me  the majority of beauty products are temporary short term or long term. Nothing is permanent. He's correct. Deep down we all know this. It's about genetics and lifestyle. End of story.  Beauty items are sold to make people feel better about themselves and for me they do. That is why I buy them. 

@BdBettyB I agree with you about genetics and lifestyle.  I also think that age (hormonal factors) and stress play a role.   In addition, I think that we need to break the routine sometimes to give our skin a boost.

Yes, point taken. I put stress into "lifestyle."  Hormonal, absolutly! Some have more trouble with that. Luckly I haven't but my sister has had a terrible time. Agree with the break! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I would never use anything with DMDM  Hydantoin, it is listed as toxic on some cosmetic sites and many companies have stopped using it. One huge culprit is Uni Lever, they use it in Dove products.

Frequent Contributor

Just received word that 3 products I ordered from SSC's first visit are being delayed. They were already in advanced shipment status when i ordered them! (and nothing said on the air that they arent even in stock yet, found out when I tried to order them). Not a great debut IMO. Dont like this practice.

Honored Contributor

@Bluezircon wrote:

Just received word that 3 products I ordered from SSC's first visit are being delayed. They were already in advanced shipment status when i ordered them! (and nothing said on the air that they arent even in stock yet, found out when I tried to order them). Not a great debut IMO. Dont like this practice.

Did any of the SSC TTV's sellout? When I looked online on Sunday the foam mattress cream TTV was still listed as available. 

Evine probably doesn't want to stock inventory so maybe that's why the advance orders. It was happening with Skinn and Isomers orders too during the last 6 months

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: Evine - Serious Skincare Two TTV's 1/3/2019

I purchase color cosmetics to look and feel good but that's not the case for skin care. With skin care purchases I expect performance and/or results. I understand the benefits to switch up to prevent fatigue but I still use good quality products when I do that on weekends. With the exception of a few SSC products I don't find the products to be good quality for performance or results.  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

I just found out yesterday when I went on HSN to check my auto ships & saw that my Serious Skin care products were cancelled. I had already had my surprise box cancelled a couple of months ago.& was told that the auto ship wasn't indefinite. I've had the firming gel for the EGG auto shipped for the past 4 years.

Does anyone know why Jennifer left HSN after 20 odd years to go to Evine?

Super Contributor

I hate to bring up an old thread but curious about the reverse lift products.  Has anyone used and like results.  I missed the TSV, earlier this month, when the reverse lift was offered.  I did order one product for the chin/neck.  Received it two days ago, used and did not see any visible results.  Input please and thanks 

Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried this TTV Serious Skincare Microcurrent EGG Facial Toning Kit ?  I was wondering how the results were.