Respected Contributor

Re: Evine 15% or 20% off coupon and HSN 20% off coupon!

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS@HappyDaze We have more than one Evine account and received a coupon for each account.  Through trial and error, I discovered that when I ordered more than one item and used the coupon, I was given free shipping for both items but the discount was only applied to the first item on the order page (which was the second item that I put in the cart).  The order summary information shown before i placed the order showed the discount for both items, but when I checked the order after it was entered into the system, the discount was only for one item.  I canceled the item that I didn't receive the discount on and the other item still has free shipping and the correct discount amount.  After reading @rochelleS's post this morning, I checked the order again and the discount and free shipping are still applied.  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@rochelleS@HappyDaze We have more than one Evine account and received a coupon for each account.  Through trial and error, I discovered that when I ordered more than one item and used the coupon, I was given free shipping for both items but the discount was only applied to the first item on the order page (which was the second item that I put in the cart).  The order summary information shown before i placed the order showed the discount for both items, but when I checked the order after it was entered into the system, the discount was only for one item.  I canceled the item that I didn't receive the discount on and the other item still has free shipping and the correct discount amount.  After reading @rochelleS's post this morning, I checked the order again and the discount and free shipping are still applied.  

@Linmo are you saying that the price changed from the time you placed the order until AFTER you ordered? Because they can't legally do that unless they've notified you and then asked if you are okay with the new price. Imagine if all companies changed the actual cost of the items after you already placed the order?! Unless i am misunderstanding what you wrote?

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@Linmo are you saying that the price changed from the time you placed the order until AFTER you ordered? Because they can't legally do that unless they've notified you and then asked if you are okay with the new price. Imagine if all companies changed the actual cost of the items after you already placed the order?! Unless i am misunderstanding what you wrote?

@HappyDaze After I put the items in the cart, added the promo code and cc information, a summary box appeared on the right side of the screen showing me the items' subtotal, discount, shipping and total price.  I clicked on place order and received the order # and EDD.  I then went to my account and looked at the order.  While the order was pending, the total amount was correct but I was not able to look at the actual order since it hadn't been entered yet.  After it was entered, the total amount was higher. 

When I looked at the order, the shipping was still zero but the discount amount was less than it should have been.  After doing the math, I figured out that I was only getting the discount on one item, the first item on the order summary, which was the second item that I put in the cart.  The item prices never changed but the discount amount for the entire order did once it was entered into the system.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Linmo wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@HappyDaze After I put the items in the cart, added the promo code and cc information, a summary box appeared on the right side of the screen showing me the items' subtotal, discount, shipping and total price.  I clicked on place order and received the order # and EDD.  I then went to my account and looked at the order.  While the order was pending, the total amount was correct but I was not able to look at the actual order since it hadn't been entered yet.  After it was entered, the total amount was higher. 

When I looked at the order, the shipping was still zero but the discount amount was less than it should have been.  After doing the math, I figured out that I was only getting the discount on one item, the first item on the order summary, which was the second item that I put in the cart.  The item prices never changed but the discount amount for the entire order did once it was entered into the system.  

hmm @Linmo well what does your order email say? When you hit the submit button, you are basically entering into a contract with them and agreeing to the price it shows so they legally cannot  then change it, at least not without letting you know there was an error, informing you of the correct price and asking if you agree to that new price. What a scam and, illegal!

Trusted Contributor

@Linmo

not exactly sure what happened but for me it was like they discounted the shipping first and then 15% off that total.  Worked out for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I checked my email receipt and it is the same amount that the entered order is (only a discount on the first item instead of the whole order).  I didn't print the screen before I hit the submit button, but I'm positive that it showed a discount on the entire order.  I'm wondering if the coupon is only meant to be for a single item (the fine print on the coupon reads 'a single purchase').

In any event, I had another coupon from my other email account and just ordered the other item with the discount using that, so all is good.    Judging from everyone else's posts, their system sounds a little unreliable (to put it mildly).  I plan on double checking any orders that I place to make sure they are correct!

Edited to add:  Another wierd twist.  I was just looking at my credit card transactions online.  The Evine authorization amount is the amount that was originally shown before I placed the order (with the discount on the entire order).   If I hadn't canceled it, I still think I would have been charged the higher amount, but they did authorize it for the lower amount.

Super Contributor

HappyDaze-----I am also signed up for email (never receive any) and I do have their Credit Card and still nothing!  

Maybe if we stopped purchasing we would receive a coupon lickity split! LOL