Esteemed Contributor

Re: Every single facial cleanser dtries me out in the winter

More votes for Pond's Cold Cream or Abolene.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

Yes yes yes to a majority of the posts!

-Keep yourself hydrated, lots of water & water based foods

-Looks for oils in cleansers (oils not only breakdown oils, but also makeup)

-Highly recommend oils after cleansing as well to replenish skin more (can mix in with your favorite serum or moisturizer for an added boost).

-If you are taking off heavy duty makeup, or waterproof makeup, I also highly recommend using a makeup wipe first, then cleansing your face.

Skinn Cosmetic's Olive & Enzyme cleanser is awesome for both makeup removal and hydration. He also has the same formulation in makeup wipes. He also has 2 essential oil blends, Secret Elixir and Lipid Infusion Oil, both would give your skin an added boost. You can find both at Shophq.com, eBay or his website.

The only drugstore brand I have found to be good is Nuance, sold at CVS.

Trusted Contributor

Ole Henriksen red tea cleanser. it has shea butter in it.

Super Contributor

On 1/23/2015 tiffhlee said:

Organic coconut oil!

yes

Super Contributor

On 1/24/2015 tototwo said:

More votes for Pond's Cold Cream or Abolene. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

On 1/24/2015 CaitlinH said:

Yes yes yes to a majority of the posts!

-Keep yourself hydrated, lots of water & water based foods

-Looks for oils in cleansers (oils not only breakdown oils, but also makeup)

-Highly recommend oils after cleansing as well to replenish skin more (can mix in with your favorite serum or moisturizer for an added boost).

-If you are taking off heavy duty makeup, or waterproof makeup, I also highly recommend using a makeup wipe first, then cleansing your face.

Skinn Cosmetic's Olive & Enzyme cleanser is awesome for both makeup removal and hydration. He also has the same formulation in makeup wipes. He also has 2 essential oil blends, Secret Elixir and Lipid Infusion Oil, both would give your skin an added boost. You can find both at Shophq.com, eBay or his website.

The only drugstore brand I have found to be good is Nuance, sold at CVS.

Love Skinn's Olive and Enzyme cleanser.

Respected Contributor

I love Skinn's PM cleanser. It's the only cleanser I've used that doesn't dry my skin, especially my cheeks. Something else I've been doing this winter is when I'm in the shower, I use my WEN 613 on my face! I can't use 613 for my hair, but it's great on my face. I put it on after I cleanse with my clarisonic and leave it on until the end of my shower and then rinse it off. I've not had any dry skin issues this winter!

Super Contributor

CeraVe Hydrating, found at CVS and other places. Very reasonably priced. Best stuff out there.

Respected Contributor

La Roche Posay toleraine certain CVS stores sell it. Previous to that I had to get it from a derm at Lahey Clinic who charged double. I just got it because if you spend thirty dollars you get ten extra bucks to spend. Walgreen's carries it in some stores.

A derm did a lunchtime procedure and used 70% instead of 7%. I should have sued. I have acutely sensitive skin and my face was a mess for almost a year. I couldn't even find a moisturizer that didn't sting.

I have Sjogren's syndrome and when I flare I can't handle tap water and use the spray the same company makes.

I really feel your pain. I ended up in the E.R. and got a good referral for a derm from a nurse their who had really sensitive skin.

Respected Contributor

I didn't have dry skin when this happened. I actually had very oily skin. Skin can be oily and sensitive. And like annebellcat I am very fair.