Valued Contributor

Re: Every single facial cleanser dtries me out in the winter

I just started using Andalou Naturals apricot probiotic cleansing milk and it's WONDERFUL. It is moisturizing enough that I don't feel the need to put a moisturizer all over, just in my driest spots. I highly recommend it. (Sold on Amazon or in Whole Foods.) For those who follow Beautypedia (I don't) Paula B. actually rates it fairly well.

Contributor

Yonka Lait Nettoyant Cleansing Milk I swear by this cleanser! I've used it for about 6 years and my skin is so soft! Give it a try...I think you'll be very happy!!! I buy mine on Amazon.
Trusted Contributor

Another vote for CeraVe hydrating cleanser, and it won't cost you very much to give it a try.

Respected Contributor

I read somewhere on here that Bareminerals has a new oil cleanser and it seems to have all 5 stars, or Josie Maran's...Anything of Josie's will help, oils, etc....Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Albolene moisturizing cleanser. I purchase at Walgreen's or Drugstore dot com. Albolene does not contain fragrance which can be drying. It does an excellent job of removing makeup.

Valued Contributor

On 1/24/2015 quadmimi said:

I read somewhere on here that Bareminerals has a new oil cleanser and it seems to have all 5 stars, or Josie Maran's...Anything of Josie's will help, oils, etc....Smiley Happy

Do you have an ULTA or Sephora; you can get samples. Years ago on MUA the women recommended Avene (not Aveeno). They have many products for sensitive skin & are now sold at Walgreens.
Honored Contributor

I love Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser. I have dry skin, too, and this has been wonderful for me. Which PC cleanser did you try previously?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser gets another vote!
Respected Contributor

This is an issue for me, too. My other problem is that if it is gentle & doesn't dry out my skin it doesn't remove long wearing makeup. And so many things that may remove long wearing makeup make me break out. I got the Josie Maran cleansing oil, Nuance Salma Hayek cleansing oil (CVS) & Boscia Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil (I haven't tried this on my face, yet). I rubbed foundation, concealer, powder, waterproof eyeshadow stick, waterproof eyeliner & lipgloss on my arm. I used all 3 cleansing oils in the same way on the makeup. Josie took off the makeup, but not the waterproof products. The Nuance broke everything down really easily & the Boscia was almost as easy.

If that isn't an issue for you, because you don't wear a lot of makeup or you use a makeup remover that takes all of that off for you, then my 2 favorite gentle cleansers are Nuance Salma Hayek Chamomile Cleanser & First Aid Beauty Facial Cleanser, but I see that they have a new Milk Oil Conditioning Cleanser! I need to try that one, too.

Super Contributor

Try ponds or albolene