Respected Contributor

Ever wanted to "Make yr own Cosmetic?"

This occurs to me because I've been shopping for empty Nail Polish bottles, that also have a good brush with them. 

(I need more of an abundance of bottles, as opposed to reuse my own emptied nail polish bottles.  Even tho I go thru A LOT of nail polish bottles, it's not fast enough for this to pour in the product, then thin it.)  Suddenly, it occurred to me,  I COULD MAKE MY OWN UNIQUE COLOR!!

After scooping up as much of my beloved, now discontinued, nail polish color, I've already spent too much money looking for a comparative color replacement!  Not only are there no comparable replacement colors, so far, but I much prefer thin viscosity of any nail color, so that near daily, I can add 1, or 2 thin polish coats.

Then it occurred to me that numerous ppl make their own "lip gloss"  (That reminded me of @monicakm  heh The "queen of lip glosses!"  Woman Wink  )

I've watched programs that created their own soap bars, bubble bath bombs, & even lipstick bullets!  It's interesting!)

Has ever any one considered creating yr own particular Cosmetic products/ or colors?  Either "Makeup," or "Lotions & Potions?"

Honored Contributor

Re: Ever wanted to "Make yr own Cosmetic?"

@MakeUpMaidn Nope.

Honored Contributor

I've been formulating my own vitamin C serum for eons. Tried different recipes, lots of failures and some good ones, too. That's about as far as I want to go with DIY skincare. Forget about DIY makeup.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee 

WOW!   You took on the "big stuff!"  Vit C Formulations!!

I'm impressed!  (Not surprised, @SilleeMee !  But impressed!  heh) Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Thanks! Woman Happy @MakeUpMaidn 

Respected Contributor

I made my own perfume. Back in the day when fragrance samples had a lift off top instead of a spray, I would pour the samples I liked into a glass perfume bottle that was decanter style with a glass applicator and gave it a swish. Every purchase at the department store cosmetic counter was usually accompanied by two or three perfume or cologne samples. I smelled each one. I tossed the ones that I did not like and added the ones that I liked to the perfume bottle.

Making perfume or cologne is only complicated if trying to achieve a specific scent. Mixing random scents simply creates a one-of-a-kind scent. They ruined my party when the spray tops started being used since they are difficult if not impossible to remove.

Respected Contributor

OH!  I forgot.

Awhile back, I fell madly in love with Avon's "Lavender, Nail Cuticle Treatment Pen."  I really like Cuticle treatment that come in that pen form.  In fact, Ive tucked away a few in my "Cosmetic Fridge."   it was PHENOMENAL!! And heavenly scented

Last I checked, awhile back, ONE sold for $30 on ebay!!  A SINGLE!

I wanted to analyze the formulation, which I thought wldnt be too difficult.  And I'd already bought the empty pens  (below). But,  come time to fill the empty pens, I forgot how to fill 'em!!!   Woman Frustrated

So the empty pens r sitting here, waiting for any oil & scent I intend to put in them.  This busy person likes the pen application of Cuticle oil.  Fits my lifestyle!  Fast & effective  (heh - ultimately)!

"12 Pack 2-3 Ml Transparent Twist Pens Empty Nail Oil Pen Brush, Cuticle Oil Pen Cosmetic Lip Gloss Container Applicators "

( $ 11 (-5%))  (Reviews: 724)  (4.8 out of 5.0)  Amz Choice

Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

I made my own perfume. Back in the day when fragrance samples had a lift off top instead of a spray, I would pour the samples I liked into a glass perfume bottle that was decanter style with a glass applicator and gave it a swish. Every purchase at the department store cosmetic counter was usually accompanied by two or three perfume or cologne samples. I smelled each one. I tossed the ones that I did not like and added the ones that I liked to the perfume bottle.

Making perfume or cologne is only complicated if trying to achieve a specific scent. Mixing random scents simply creates a one-of-a-kind scent. They ruined my party when the spray tops started being used since they are difficult if not impossible to remove.

~~~~~

@On It 

Wow.. that's extraordinary!  And very creative!

I remember those perfume samples.  LOVED 'em!!

Honored Contributor

I have made my own hair oil, but that's about it.  

Honored Contributor

Making cosmetics to me has all the allure of using a rubboard to wash clothes, making soap, killing chickens, growing a garden, having sheep and spinning wool, and sewing.