Honored Contributor

Ever since I heard Chaz Dean give this advice...what a difference it has made in styling my hair.

After cleansing...and just before blow drying start with... the heaviest products first and the lightest last...well duh that makes so much sense. My hair is bouncy like the models...has volume and holds my style so much better.

Sure happy I was listening that day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Trusted Contributor

Re: Ever since I heard Chaz Dean give this advice...what a difference it has made in styling my hair.

You and me both! I now remind myself......"opposite of skincare, opposite of skincare".

Super Contributor

Re: Ever since I heard Chaz Dean give this advice...what a difference it has made in styling my hair.

Gonna start doing this. I worry about applying the heavier stuff first since I apply that only to ears-down hair and don't really want that on or around my roots (I have fine/thin hair) so have been doing mousse first..but gonna trust Chaz and you gals I guess and try CC (as leave-in) then SC, then GS and then mousse

Honored Contributor

On 6/26/2014 DoxieMomma said:

You and me both! I now remind myself......"opposite of skincare, opposite of skincare".

Me too just started using the method he recommend for the last 2 weeks and catch myself and have to think back heaviest to lightest...what a difference it makes. I was so used to doing the opposite with skincare it didn't hit me until I heard him explain it and then a bell went off...made perfect sense.

Honored Contributor

On 6/26/2014 MandySays said:

Gonna start doing this. I worry about applying the heavier stuff first since I apply that only to ears-down hair and don't really want that on or around my roots (I have fine/thin hair) so have been doing mousse first..but gonna trust Chaz and you gals I guess and try CC (as leave-in) then SC, then GS and then mousse

Hi Mandy...try it...believe me it made a huge difference. My hair is fine, med and oily and Chaz's method WORKS!

Valued Contributor

hey ladies, i heard him say that as well but i haven't really tried it yet. where to fit the oil in? sometimes i add that into my styling routine. same with rtm. i've been putting the rtm on first sometimes (sometimes i don't do the cc as leave in and use rtm instead) but then i finish with rtm. but sometimes i mix oil, rtm and sc. do you think i should try cc leave in, then oil, then sc and rtm? i know that the sc is thicker and heavier than the oil in my hand but the oil is heavier in moisture. any recommendations? thanks!

Trusted Contributor

On 6/26/2014 jennys kid said:

hey ladies, i heard him say that as well but i haven't really tried it yet. where to fit the oil in? sometimes i add that into my styling routine. same with rtm. i've been putting the rtm on first sometimes (sometimes i don't do the cc as leave in and use rtm instead) but then i finish with rtm. but sometimes i mix oil, rtm and sc. do you think i should try cc leave in, then oil, then sc and rtm? i know that the sc is thicker and heavier than the oil in my hand but the oil is heavier in moisture. any recommendations? thanks!

Don't "overthink" it :-) I think he was presenting the mousse when he made this suggestion. I took it to mean that the mousse should generally be your last step. I would apply whatever you're using as your leave in first (whether that's CC, RTM, oil or any mix of these). You want that moisture to penetrate the hair first. Then your SC and/or Glossing Serum, I personally don't use the GS very often, but when I do, I use one or the other, not both. Remember, it's hair products, not rocket science, lol.

Valued Contributor

hahaha-- thanks, dm. that's good advice. overthinking is my specialty. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

On 6/26/2014 jennys kid said:

hahaha-- thanks, dm. that's good advice. overthinking is my specialty. Smiley Wink

I'm right there with ya!! It's infinitely better than "under thinking" :-)

Esteemed Contributor

I know that feeling. For a long time I listened to Chaz say ""you have to add the styling cream if you blow dry your hair"". Well I finally broke down and ordered the duo and was amazed the difference in my hair. I swore from that day that when Chaz says something I will listen the first time. Lol.