Frequent Contributor

Ever Had Someone "Out to Get You"?

Has anyone ever had someone out to get you, make you miserable, get you fired for no reason, that kind of thing?

I had something work related blow- up over nothing, same culprit as usual, and need some advice.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ever Had Someone ""Out to Get You""?

Yes, I have. A co-worker. I finally followed this simple rule: "Hold your friends close and your enemies closer". She is now my best friend. We are both retired.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Frequent Contributor

Are you saying that for no reason there was a blowup at your work and someone is out to get you and get you fired....for no reason?

Honored Contributor

Actually a person can be fired for no reason at all!

I was in a job where I was made perfectly miserable, I hated the job, and the female boss and some others didn't like me .......... I made everyone happy and quit!

Respected Contributor

Hmmm, Karma is a witch, isn't she?
Super Contributor

You're so right, BellaCarro.
Honored Contributor

I have worked with many people, mostly women. Some people say that women are harder to work with, but I disagree. To the OP's question, I have not had that situation happen directly to me, but have seen it in full bloom many times. Looking back, I would suggest talking the situation over directly with whoever is upset with you. Maybe if they talk it out, they will leave you alone. So many times people talk to everyone but the person they are having conflict with directly.
Valued Contributor

Oh yeah…the same cop who pulled me over twice for going pass the speed limit UP A FRICKIN' HILL! First time in Oct '13 for a ticket and this past MLK day a warning. I'm going UP a dang hill and do grandma speed, yah right! My transmission would give out on me and then is the cop gonna pay for that!!!! Ouuu…he and I are gonna go round and round if he does this to me again!

Respected Contributor

There's usually a reason.

Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't do you any good arguing with a police officer- I got a ticket for GOING THROUGH A YELLOW LIGHT. It was never red- before during or after going through the intersection! I did my research, spoke with attorneys who gave me case numbers to quote- none would let me hire them since they said it was s simple slam dunk that I could handle. Wrong! The judge accused me of being a wise a s s by quoting cases when I wasn't a lawyer- and was found guilty of not observing a traffic signal. It was also a 'safe zone' - DOUBLE THE FINE!