Trusted Contributor

Eve Pearl TSV -for oily skin?

Hey ladies. I've never tried any of the Eve Pearl products, but this TSV has me intrigued. I'm in my mid-30s, with oily, sensitive skin. My skin is also prone to hormonal acne, so I occasionally have a few blemishes that need to be covered. 

In the summer, I generally use powder foundations, rotating between several different brands. When I want a bit more coverage, I also use Skinn's Intellitent (in the black tube), but the shades run very dark, so it doesn't work for my skin during the winter months. For the past couple of winters, I liked the itCosmetics CC cream, but I will not be repurchasing that since they've sold to L'Oreal. 

A few questions, how well does this foundation work for oily skin? Also, I've noticed some reviews stating that there wasn't much product, that the users ran out quickly. Is that with normal usage? Or, were they being a bit heavy-handed in their application? 

Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: Eve Pearl TSV -for oily skin?

Hi,

Here is my 10 cents worth! I purchased her last TSV and I love it! I love her products, her foundation and concealer are fantastic. I have pretty good skin, so I do not need a full coverage foundation, so for me my foundations last pretty long. I also alternate between several different ones, however with that being said, since I have discovered Eve Pearl, I use hers almost every day. I have an oily tzone and I use my It Cosmetics powder over my foundation once in the morning, that's it. Depending on how oily your skin is, you may have to use a primer beforehand. I do not....I hope you will try it. Her makeup is really good and watch the presentations, because applying it is a little different, but if you do it the way she shows, you will get a great look every day! 

Esteemed Contributor

@DoxieMomma I found this on Eve's website. HTH'S.

Screenshot_2016-09-19-17-14-59.png There's also a video where the client is a young woman with skin issues. 

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN

I am thinking of getting this kit and have watched the presentations on QVC and YouTube.

Since you use this could you tell me if it really is as simple as it looks? 2 swipes and blend? Sometimes the QVC presentations load so much make-up on those models I hesitate.....

Any added thoughts you might have would be appreciated!

TIA!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN

I am thinking of getting this kit and have watched the presentations on QVC and YouTube.

Since you use this could you tell me if it really is as simple as it looks? 2 swipes and blend? Sometimes the QVC presentations load so much make-up on those models I hesitate.....

Any added thoughts you might have would be appreciated!

TIA!

Hi Jacie,

I hope you try it, it really is easy. The lighter color, I put under my cheekbones, and on the sides of my nose(need to make that look smaller for sure-LOL) the darker color goes above the lighter colors and you blend, key to her product line is blending and her brushes make it super easy! I still have quite a bit of product left from her previous TSV, but I am thinking of ordering this kit for my daughter, as I think she will love it. Plus what I love is that you need very little for great coverage. The creamy feeling is not at all heavy either..... Her concealer is great too, jsut a little bit goes a long ways and I put the lighter concealer in the corners of my eyes and the darker right under and blend, blend, blend-it lasts all day!!!!!Good Luck! Please post if you do decide to try it, after you have given it a try! 

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN
Ordering now! I'll keep you posted! Would always rather hear from someone other than Hosts or Vendors. The opinion of someone who really uses the stuff is more important to me. Thanks! Smiley Happy
"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

@Jacie@CANDLEQUEEN is 100% correct. The foundation application is fast and easy with a beautiful finish. I receive many compliments when wearing this and find myself reaching exclusively for this whole line. The only thing I'd share is to use a light hand applying. Don't goop up the brush, a little goes a long way. You can always add more if needed. 

Eve's primer has no 'cones' in it, if that's important to you or others when considering oily skin or just a primer in general. Good stuff!

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS @CANDLEQUEEN @Jacie

Thanks so much for your responses. This sounds like a really nice product......it's had to pass up such a great value. 

With that being said, I'm waffling on what color foundation to order. I really wish that they would show all of the open compacts and swatch the foundation colors, I'm somewhere between fair and light. On some models, the fair looks VERY white and on other models, the light looks like it'd be way too dark 😁

I skimmed through the thread on the TSV forum and saw a reply from one of the Eve Pearl staff. Apparently, they will be launching a new powder foundation next year. If I decide to not order this TSV, I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for that!

Valued Contributor

@DoxieMomma, I'm oily in the t zone and live in super humid Florida, and this works well for me.  I do use a primer underneath, and after I "swipe" the stripes on my face I spritz the buffing brush with water before blending.  I find I prefer a sheerer application of this. If you use sparingly the compact will last awhile.  The product is soft though so I can see how people can easily use too much and use up the compact quickly.    I also set with it cosmetics bye bye pores pressed powder.  With this combo, my makeup stays the whole day. I sometimes get shiny on my nose and forehead, but a blotting paper takes care of it.  I really like the finish, a natural look, not too matte, not too shiny.  At first I thought the application was fiddly, but it is quick and the reverse contour is genius, as is her blush application.  Skin looks even, hydrated, and never mask like.  Give it a try!