Esteemed Contributor

I just do not get her reverse contouring. Why does she put the lighter foundation above the jawline? If you use her foundation, do you use that technique?

In any event, I like her lip palette! Some perfect colors in there! (Got on QVC, but her sale price is great!)

Valued Contributor
I really like her lip palette and the eye shadow palette with the green eyeshadow (can’t think of the name). Eve does a great job on when she’s on beauty IQ to show how to create structure with that palette.
Valued Contributor
I checked, the eye palette is called “the ultimate”
Valued Contributor

Harpa, I do use her technique. It defies contour logic, but it works on me. It enhances my face, but dang if I can explain how. That Eve is one smart cookie. 

Valued Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:
I checked, the eye palette is called “the ultimate”

I love this palette so much that I own three to have backups. The first few times I used it I wasnt impressed with how the shadows looked. I watched the tutorial and changed the color placement. Voila. Compliments on my eye color. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lally wrote:

Harpa, I do use her technique. It defies contour logic, but it works on me. It enhances my face, but dang if I can explain how. That Eve is one smart cookie. 

@Lally

All I can think of is that the light adds visual volume to that area of the face. And the 2 shades (blended in) help the entire complexion not look so flat. ?? 

But, have you ever heard her explain why? I haven't watched her presentations, so I don't really know her reasoning.

Valued Contributor

Harpa, I cant recall, but maybe if you watch some of the tutorials Eve will elaborate. Your explanation makes sense. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lally

I did just find a video where, apparently, her theory is to use the light there because it matches more closely to the neck. (According to Eve, do not match foundation to the back of your hand, as face & neck are different than there.)

I've seen 2 of her demos, and her models had a lot of red in their complexion. But she was saying that her foundation cancels the red, as she was also stating that salmon colored concealor cancels the blue under the eyes.

I like her foundation method so much better than K. Buckle (or whoever he is) because he wants to take foundation all down the neck (and probably beyond).

I've also watched Lisa Eldridge who matches the all-over foundation shade to the jawline area. I think the blending of the 2 shades, however, gives a more realistic look, instead of one flat face shade.

Now me...I do not do foundation. I do have an all-over even color, so my blush/shading technique (if you can call it that) suits my face shape and adds a bit of warmth/color to my skin.

At least the mystery is solved as to why she does this.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for mentioning this sale. I ordered her HD Liquid Foundation to give it a try. I wanted a liquid for the winter and this was perfect timing. 

Valued Contributor
Harpa, Great Sherlocking and thanks for sharing.

AprilSkies, Hope you like the product. 🌼