Respected Contributor

Eve Lom Muslin Cloth..... Tips and advice, please.

I received one of these, and was wanting some tips and advice on use. I looked at the Eve Lom site, and read instructions there, but was wanting to know your thoughts. Also, do you purchase dupes for these and where do you purchase? TIA

Super Contributor

Re: Eve Lom Muslin Cloth..... Tips and advice, please.

I've been using these for years. I just wash my face with CeraVe Hydrating cleanser and wash it all off with the muslin cloth. I can't use Exfoliaters or Retinol because my skin is super sensitive, so I just use the muslin cloth everyday. I do not know of another brand that works the same. I hope someone else does because they are expensive, but do last a long time. I got mine at dermstore when they run there 20% off sale.

Honored Contributor

I just bought these Ecotools muslin cloths from Amazon. I think they are relatively new on the market so reviews are scarce. I haven't received mine yet. You get two cloths for less than $6.

71GhikxawDL._SX522_.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I buy the Liz Earle muslin cloths- they aren't expensive and shouldn't be. Muslin cloth is not expensive. Mine are 7 for $21 at Birchbox and I always use a coupon code so always less than $3 per cloth. 

I use mine two ways- I use it in the AM without cleanser and in place of cleanser and occasionally I will also use it in the evenings with cleanser or in the AM with cleanser if I didn't wash my face the night before (VERY rarely but does happen!) and had worn makeup.  Use it gently, don't scrub. 

Super Contributor

I bought some baby muslin washcloths at TJ Maxx/marshalls that are so much better than Eve Lom. I find the Eve Lom washcloths to be flimsy. The muslin baby washcloths are so substantial.beautifully made,trimmed and so soft. the pack of 3 was 9 dollars.

the brand is Aden&Annais. you can buy boy or girl designs, lol. also on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I just bought these Ecotools muslin cloths from Amazon. I think they are relatively new on the market so reviews are scarce. I haven't received mine yet. You get two cloths for less than $6.

71GhikxawDL._SX522_.jpg

Forgot to mention that these cloths are made with a bamboo fiber blended with the cotton. Bamboo fiber cloths are extremely soft and known to be antibacterial in nature.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

71GhikxawDL._SX522_.jpg

Forgot to mention that these cloths are made with a bamboo fiber blended with the cotton. Bamboo fiber cloths are extremely soft and known to be antibacterial in nature.

So then they aren't muslin cloths but more like a cotton blend washcloth than a true muslin it sounds like?

Muslin cloth shouldn't be too soft or thick. That is one reason I don't really like microfiber type washcloths- way too soft and thick and I don't feel like it gives me any benefit when I use them to wash my face. The muslin cloths tend to be fairly thin and although they aren't rough, they aren't super soft either and they do feel a bit exfoliating (not irritating though). 

Honored Contributor

In the product description on the Amazon site, this is what it said about the Ecotools cloths:

"Product description

These muslin polishing facial cloths are designed with organic cotton to remove dirt, oil and makeup for fresh and revived skin."

@HappyDaze

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I buy the Liz Earle muslin cloths- they aren't expensive and shouldn't be. Muslin cloth is not expensive. Mine are 7 for $21 at Birchbox and I always use a coupon code so always less than $3 per cloth. 

I use mine two ways- I use it in the AM without cleanser and in place of cleanser and occasionally I will also use it in the evenings with cleanser or in the AM with cleanser if I didn't wash my face the night before (VERY rarely but does happen!) and had worn makeup.  Use it gently, don't scrub. 

@HappyDaze I have those. They are thin but suppose to be like that. They seem to hold up pretty good. 

I think I will try the set of 2 SilleeMee posted from Amazon next time I place an order. If it's organic cotton & bamboo they should be really soft. 

I bought towels from Cariloha that are bamboo/turkish cotton & they are really soft. Love them.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz,

Walmart has the Ecotools cloths on their website. There is a thrid-party vendor selling them for $6 w/free shipping. Had I known this, I would have ordered them from WM.