Valued Contributor

Are there any folks out there who have tried the Wen hair oil treatment or mist treatment. If so, does it work on our type of hair?

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, they do!

I use the oils for overnight treatments the night before I cleanse or added to my leave-in.

The mist, I use to freshen 2nd or 3rd day hair.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Absolutely, on both natural and relaxed hair. Honny is natural, I'm relaxed. There are a number of AA women on this forum. Welcome. Here's a thread that we revive from time to time...http://community.qvc.com/forums/wen/topic/425791/any-women-of-color-wen-users-out-there.aspx

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Valued Contributor

Thank you! So excited to find you!

Occasional Contributor
Furry, I co-sign with Honny and Kjelle.....I am natural and use the oils every night before wrapping my hair and step up the oil the night before I cleanse my hair. Sometimes, I use the mist before wrapping my hair but am more loyal to the oils!! Welcome!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Welcome Furry! We are glad you found us!

What formula do you use (or are considering)?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Regular Contributor

Welcome Furry.

In the words of the immortal Michael Jackson, "You are not alone..."{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor
Hi...I don't have AA hair but it is the same texture.Because it is porous it gets frizzy too...can someone make a suggestion that could help control the frizz.I don't think my hairdresser gets my hair and she keeps treating it with protein and it has gotten worse.
Contributor

I use the Tea Tree treatment oil and the Summer Honey Peach oil. I do overnight treatments with the TT and have used both oils with the styling creme as a leave in. I love the oils!

The RTM on the other hand is something quite different. I have tried the SAM, fig and lavender RTMs and none of them worked for my hair. My hair was left dry and it took away most of my curl pattern so that I was left with a dry afro. The SHP RTM is the exception. I have been using it for the past week on my hair and I really like it. I am thinking of purchasing the 4 oz bottle. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} {#emotions_dlg.scared}

BTW I am natural, use no heat or styling utensils on my hair and my usual style is a wash n go. HTH

Respected Contributor
On 6/19/2014 dex said: Hi...I don't have AA hair but it is the same texture.Because it is porous it gets frizzy too...can someone make a suggestion that could help control the frizz.I don't think my hairdresser gets my hair and she keeps treating it with protein and it has gotten worse.

Yes, ease off the protein and go for moisture. Also, the styling crème is anti-frizz. I squeeze some in every morning. You might also try the texturizing balm, which I love. That should provide a little barrier to all the moisture coming in. For your hair, you wont use much at all, probably once or twice over your palm would be enough. It will last forever.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012