Valued Contributor

Re: Estee Lauder has acquired stake in Deciem's The Ordinary

Think Deciem had no idea how big The Ordinary would become and they may needed help in producing the product. Well....it was good while it lasted. Welcome to more uneeded fillers and higher prices 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

I dont understand this,

why not continue using it.

all skin care is the same anyway, 

All skin care products aren't the same, some contain more harsh ingredients and fillers which could be irritating or bad for the skin. Estee Lauder being one of the companies that adds irritating products to their skin care.  The Ordinary is very basic in their ingredients which means they can produce it cheap without all of the mumbo jumbo that comes with most skin care lines. It was a good product for little money.

Honored Contributor

Oh just *HECK* !!!

I just four weeks ago I  started testing 4 of their products, which I like.  The way they cocktail ingredients really cut down on the number of products and time.

Why, just why, do we always seem to go backwards?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Oh just *HECK* !!!

I just four weeks ago I  started testing 4 of their products, which I like.  The way they cocktail ingredients really cut down on the number of products and time.

Why, just why, do we always seem to go backwards?

@Drythe  Because the big companies have to swallow up the little ones who are starting to look like a threat in order to maintain their dominance of the market.

Since the big companies only care about profit margins, there goes the quality.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

To the poster who said I am only demonizing EL that is not true. I am very unhappy with Deciem selling out on their values and philosophy. Yes they were growing too fast and needed help but I am sure they could have found a more ethical investor. They are facing huge backlash on their facebook page over this and I was right in the middle of it expressing how disappointed and duped I feel.

Respected Contributor

I've seen numerous posts on my IG feed about it today, and commenters overwhelmingly appear to be against it. The Ordinary has been going on & on about how they won't change anything, but the damage is done, and I'm thinking that although they will gain many customers from thus, they will also lose a LOT.