Honored Contributor

Re: Estee Lauder TSV 7/20/2021

Available on eBay too 

Respected Contributor

@laraffinee wrote:

Ugh.....it is this past season's Blockbuster. I know, because I got one. It is nice, for sure, but it sure makes Estee Lauder's presence on QVC more of an outlet for leftovers. Disappointed. I was hoping for something new and exclusive.

You nailed it.  This really turns me off and sets the tone for the future.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've bought the EL Blockbuster faithfully for years. 

It's been 2 years since I purrchased. Their quality is diminished over time  and seems not to be the same as their regular offerings.

Keep in mind this was likely mfg a year ago.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@laraffinee wrote:

Ugh.....it is this past season's Blockbuster. I know, because I got one. It is nice, for sure, but it sure makes Estee Lauder's presence on QVC more of an outlet for leftovers. Disappointed. I was hoping for something new and exclusive.

not good,  and if you think about it  who was buying any makeup last Christmas season.

kind of a dumb move on the Q's part I think

Personally, I think it's brilliant to sell them on Q.  Not everyone has access to go to an Estee Lauder counter, or to purchase something in order to get the kit. Not everyone may be aware of the holiday kits.  I see it as a win for Q, EL and the customers who purchased.  And who knows, maybe someone did purchase one last year and wanted another one.  It's all good.

Respected Contributor

I was never a big EL user,  but in my 20s and 30s would sometimes purchase these  big kits. 

Now that EL is gobbling up a lot of smaller companies and RUINING THEM once purchased by changing formulas and everything that I loved about the small company,  I refuse to purchase anything EL.  It's my tiny personal protest!!!

Respected Contributor

It looks like a good deal unfortunately I do not like the colors.  The eye shadow and lipstick colors do not suit me.  The eye shadows are too bright and seem to have too much sparkle.  I also do not wear red lipstick so this purchase would be a waste for me.

Honored Contributor

I used EL years and years ago - mainly nail polish and lipstick. I think the color was rose gold.

The price of the TSV is more than I spend in two years on cosmetic items. ( I don’t wear eye makeup.)
Respected Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@laraffinee wrote:

You nailed it.  This really turns me off and sets the tone for the future.  

I agree!  They go on about it being some big splash to have the brand there, but then highlight something that's leftover from last year.   Seems like leftovers should be at some sort of outlet sale and not a TSV.  What makes that "special"?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did you notice that on the TSV description page, it says,  Exclusive to QVC!!!

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA I loved EL nail polish. Seems to have been discontinued.