Super Contributor

Estee Lauder Swiss Performing Extract -fabulous

I buy a bottle of this every winter. You have to ask for it at the counter, it is not displayed. It is a little miracle for older gals. I never can find a moisturizer from Isomers/elysee- well, any line really that does what this one does.It is a white lotion that takes a little while to absorb but wow, the hydration it give you. The reviews at makeup alley are outstanding. If you need a really heavy duty moisturiser to keep that crepy skin. keep those wrinkles plumped up this is the one. I use Elysee for the most part and this works great. I did try the new elysee honey day cream and it is great but this is better ( imho) for winter.

It was the orignal Estee Lauder's favorite moisturizer. no fancy peptides or cutting edge ingredients. it just deeply moisturizes. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Estee Lauder Swiss Performing Extract -fabulous

This sounds really good for my dry winter skin, plus I am going through radiation, so it's even drier than normal.  I am going to look into this. I wonder why it is not kept on display?

Super Contributor

It is not a new release. In fact, I think I first started buying in in the 70's !   The sa where I bought mine only had one left!  She said that Estee Lauder had a "long lost product" program where you could find items though. They do carry it at Macy's-but you have to ask for it.

no one at the counter ever tried to talk me out of it-every sa said- yes this is an awesome cream. and your skin is beautiful so keep using it!  I do think the serums I use are useful but this cream is the workhorse. For older skins especially, takes a while to skin in, try it at night first. I use it all day around the house and at night. and I dab a little on my cheeks when I wear a tinted moisturizer. I don't wear foundation.

Trusted Contributor

Beautypedia:  Swiss Performing Extract is another longtime moisturizer from Lauder, and although it is based around emollient, antioxidant grape seed oil and comes in stable packaging, the fragrance components (including eugenol), which are not present in many other moisturizers in this line, are irritating.

Tested on animals:Yes

Valued Contributor

this look really good.

Honored Contributor

I have been an EL gal for many many years.

I used swiss perform extract for many years , but with new medication i have to take,, had to drop the extract. 

Just using my EL blue pot moisture cream and my EL brown bottle serum and still doing well.

I added that special EL eye wand eye cream. That is really good and really helped my fine eye wrinkles.

Honored Contributor

the Estee Lauder web site  has  a 20% off Black Friday deal going on right now. 

Regular Contributor

Thank you SeaMaiden, I just ordered a bottle.  I used it in my 30's when it was always in the GWP.  At that time it was a little much for my skin. Now I look forward to using it again.  I ALWAYS loved the botanical fragrance.