Honored Contributor

Re: Estee Lauder Double Wear!!!

I bought the sheer formula after too many friends told me the original Doublewear made me look pasty. For some reason, even when I go darker it turns about an hour later...kind of like the opposite of oxidation. I look like a ghost in it.😳😄I think the sunscreen is what's doing it....

Trusted Contributor

I want to love it but it makes my nose break out.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, @Boehm Collector.  I'm getting a backup. 👍

@JeanLouiseFinch    If you do the virtual match be sure you are under natural sun light.   I did mine  near a window.  

@Boehm Collector  I did it multiple ways and would get varying result so it was a guess on my part.  I did it with an associate at Ulta, she also got it wrong.  The associate at Sephora got close, but still not there.  I asked her to try the Ivory Beige and she even said, it was just right.

WOW @JeanLouiseFinch   I don't know what to tell you.   Have you tried getting an in-person match at an Estee Lauder counter  in a department store?  You might have better luck there than at Sephora or Ulta.

Honored Contributor

I finally finished my rather ample sample and will admit I prefer my NARS Light Reflecting foundation over the EL Double Wear.   I'm glad the beauty consultant gave me such a large sample, so that I could decide yay or nay.  It's a nice foundation, but I simply prefer NARS.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Because the damp sponge is being used as a technique to apply a foundation that is too thick, @JudyL.  I would maybe do that to use up a bottle that I bought.  I am one who prefers using my fingers to apply foundation--easily cleaned, less waste, less clutter.  

Because the damp sponge is a great technique to use to apply any type of foundation.   I could never get that perfect air brushed look with my fingers.  To each his own @tansy .

Honored Contributor

Is the Nars Light Reflecting foundation thick or more on the runny side, @SurferWife?  

Honored Contributor

@tansy 

NARS is in between.  It's not runny, but it's not thick either.   The coverage is light>medium and it has the PERFECT amount of light reflection and the color match couldn't be better.  It looks good on camera, too, so I always wear it on days where I need to turn on my camera for meetings.  It is one I will definitely buy again.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I am curious about that foundation, @SurferWife.  Thanks!  

Honored Contributor

We've been at a retreat this week. Our meals have been served in a banquet room setting. People from all over the USA the come to this and we have been sitting with the same group of friends for lunch and dinner daily. One friend finally asked me today, if she could pick my brain about something.  She asked about my brand of foundation. She said that it looks very natural and not thick or heavy.  I was able to direct her to the Estée Lauder Doube Wear.  Maybe we have another convert. 😊

Esteemed Contributor

Ordered the double wear to get my Holiday Gift Set from their website.

Have the original version, so I went for the sheerer formula which won an Allure award last year.  Got the same color as it is perfect.  A great compliment JeanLouiseFinch, as foundation is probably the most difficult make up item.  Happy for you!!