Honored Contributor

I had lunch last week with an old co worker, and also over the past weekend saw an old friend, and both looked flawless, and of course I asked what foundation they were weating and both of them were wearing Estee Lauder's Double Wear!

They both were very very different skintones and skin types, yet it looked flawless on both of them, not too dry either....One was wearing a primer underneath, which was Hourglass's Primer, and the other said no Primer ever! I found that interesting!

I am seriously thinking that the next time I need foundation, I will try this one. Anyone have opinions??? Thanks!!!!! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Estee Lauder Double Wear!!!

I have "normal" skin and I tried this foundation and it was very drying looking. I do use a moisturizer and that made no difference. I also found it to be very thick which makes sense because I think it is a full coverage foundation. Get a sample before you buy.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I have "normal" skin and I tried this foundation and it was very drying looking. I do use a moisturizer and that made no difference. I also found it to be very thick which makes sense because I think it is a full coverage foundation. Get a sample before you buy.

@Janey2 Thank you Janey, I will get a sample , plus I will apply mine with a dampened sponge, which is my go to for liquid foundations..

Nothing worse that a drying foundation-makes you look so much older! 

Respected Contributor

I have been wearing this for over 20 years, I just love it!  If I try something else I am always sorry, the lancome foundation is pretty close but not as good.

They do have a light version if you find it too heavy.  Macys will give you a 10 day sample if you go in and ask, there are many colors, I am blond hair blue eyes not super fair but pretty fair and I wear Fresco, my daughter loves this foundation also and she is a makeup guru, she has olive skin from her father and in the summer she wears cashew, in the winter she wears a bit lighter color which I can't remember.  

I use a sponge to apply but for years I used my fingers.  I also use the estee lauder powder over it or I prefer the lancome powder over it.

Trusted Contributor

This has been my favorite foundation for at least 20 years.  I have combo skin with redness and texture/scars from old acne.  I have tried other foundations, but haven't liked any of them by themselves (I always use a primer).  However, I've found almost all of them mix well with the DW.  

There are some that I actually think make the DW look better so I usually blend two foundations together every day.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  - please let us know how it works out for you.  I also use a damp sponge and I bet you'll get a flawless look with Double Wear.

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I use this several times a week. It goes on beautifully and never accentuates a small dry patch I have on my chin. I always have a good "face " day when I wear it.  I prefer a more matte look.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   That's the foundation I stock in almost all shades for clients. It seems to do well on most women. 

I think if you need extra long wear, a primer is good, but the name of the foundation really does provide "double wear" and unless you need 18 hrs. in your makeup, primer is not needed.

Some women find it too drying, so I use a moisturizer mixed with it before application. 

It's also adaptable to how much coverage you like. 

Honored Contributor

Based on this thread, I went to Bloomingdales to see how it looked on my skin. I tried a few shades and ended up with 1C1, Cool Bone. I had given up foundations for the most part but am sold on this one. It is perfection and matches my cool, porcelain skin. Rarely does anything match my neck too but this does.🥰

Thanks for everyone's suggestions...💐

Honored Contributor

I know this is a great foundation.  I used it for years and years and then switched over to Lancome Tient Idole.  Still use the Lancome but have several others as well.  The DW just got to be too thick or heavy for me as I got older and wanted to move away from heavier foundations.  It's a classic for sure.