Honored Contributor

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. Your Likes and Dislikes

[ Edited ]

I FINALLY got to the city today and was able to buy some of this foundation.  Not sure what I think about it.  It stayed pretty tacky and I had to powder my face, something I don't do anymore since my face is so dry.  Coverage was nice but nothing exceptional.  I didn't find it buildable even tho it said it is.  I start with Neutrogena Hydroboost and Monistat Chafing Gel...same was with other foundations.

Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. Your Likes and Dislikes

I tried the EL DOUBLE WEAR FOUNDATION years ago & didn’t like it at all .... I’ve been using EL Fresh Air Makeup Base for over 30 years & wanted a change but,  I couldn’t find anything better so I went right back to it & am still using it to this day ... try it ... you might like it🙂

Honored Contributor

Thanks!  What are some highlights of why you love abou it?   What's your skin type?

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I tried the EL DOUBLE WEAR FOUNDATION years ago & didn’t like it at all .... I’ve been using EL Fresh Air Makeup Base for over 30 years & wanted a change but,  I couldn’t find anything better so I went right back to it & am still using it to this day ... try it ... you might like it🙂

@January121 

Wow!  I didn't know she still made that foundation!  I worked for EL in the mid-late 80's & I remember it from back then.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@monicakm  Women are raving about this foundation from Bobbi Brown.  I know there was one poster on the Beauty forum that loves it.  You can read the reviews.  It's hydrating for the skin and it's anti-aging.  It's Bobbi's Serum foundation.  It's priced on the high side but wait for discount if the price is too high for you.  Usually 20% or 25% is offered.  SPF 40.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I used to wear Double Wear Light.  It went on very dry and I could build coverage.  I stopped using it because I could not get a great color match.

Respected Contributor

I have oily skin and it slides around on me and does not look natural.  Never got a good color match.  I like a makeup that evens out complexion without looking too much like foundation.  Not my favorite and during the years have tried several times.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for the Fresh Air Makeup Base.  I have worn it for over 40 years.  A close friend was an Estée Lauder rep and got me hooked on it.  

It is only sold in a few colors and I think may only be available online now. 

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just searched for the Fresh Air Makeup Base on Estée Lauder dot com.  Nothing came up for it so I think it has finally been discontinued.

I will have to value my last bottle!😢😢😢😢😢

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

I tried it and couldn't use it.  Too bad, I got a perfect color match by the technician at Macy's, but it blocked my pores something awful and I got little bumps all around my nose and inner cheeks.