Valued Contributor

Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation users, question please...

I had an older bottle which is used up and then replaced with a new bottle in a different color. They no longer have my last color that I used. 

The new bottle seems different? Can't put my finger on it. Maybe it feels more powdery at drydown but somehow not the same as before? It also doesn't have spf like the older version. Anyone know if the have changed the formula some how? I LIKED the older version!! What's different? Thanks to anyone in advance for your replies...

Respected Contributor

Re: Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation users, question please...

I have used Double Wear for years in the color Fresco.  I opened a new bottle a couple of weeks ago and something is off.  I find it to be cakey and drying.  I use a makeup brush to apply foundation but switched to just applying it with my fingers.  Either way, it just doesn't look as flawless or feel as lightweight at it used to.  I wondered if I purchased a bottle with older shelf life or maybe it was a bad batch.  I haven't been told if EL has changed the formula but something is off

Valued Contributor

KentuckyWoman, Fresco was the color I us d to use. Back then it was labeled as 2N2.

now it's 2C3, which is a cool tone vs the old which was neutral tone. The one recommended to me was the desert beige 2N1 which is now too light but it feels dry to me as well with application. Not smooth like before. Do you think removing the spf is the reason it lost its smoothness? I'm really bummed that it's different. It was so perfect before!!

Respected Contributor

When the originally introduced this line of makeup years ago, I don't think it had any spf in it then they added the spf 15.  Last year (I think it was last year) they changed the global color formulas eliminating some and re-tooling others as I understand it.  I really don't know what has happened but it is different and not in a good way.

Respected Contributor

Hey ladies.  I'm not an EL Double Wear'er :-P but all the same, feel your pain.

They messed up my holy grail mascara, among other products. 

Foundation is huge when you find one that matches perfectly & works for your needs.   I'm sorry they messed with the formula.

A smaller company might respond to complaint letters.  I don't know about EL who seems to own all cosmetics now.

Valued Contributor

Funloving, thanks for your support! I will never get why companies do this to a product that is a best seller ?!?!? 

Respected Contributor

Wore EL DW for years until it started to emphasize my deep pores which I am sure has to do with aging among many other factors.  

Doll10 gel foundation has worked very well.  It provides coverage while remaining fresh-looking and has a dewy finish.  Not cakey. 

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Contributor

pommom, Re: the Doll 10 Gel Foundation, would you want to share your skin tone,  what color you use, & what you use for prepping prior to application?  One of my issues is pores, & this caught my attention.  Reviews are reporting the colors are very yellow based, & I am light-light/med, cool-toned.  Also, what do you think of the  brush, do you use it, & do you feel the need to finish w/ powder? And, if you don't mind 1 more question...if you use the brush, how does it wash & hold up? 

Cactusjack, I have the Fresco color in the DW, & the Desert Beige color in their powder foundation compact that seems to be a good color match. One reason that comes to mind re: EL changing the foundation is economical...to their advantage, but keeping the price the same for profits.  I used their Double Matte foundation in the far past too. 

Trusted Contributor

I hear ya! I find Estee USED to keep many of the the newer lines for a long time, the same colors etc., formula ....still do with many items - [staples]  NOW it seems over the past 6 years or so, they are always changing things. The Pure Color e/s's gone now...after i bought a slew of beloved shades. I think it's due to the keeping up with competition! All about $ not really us.

I may add, this new DWear in a compact is nice for my dry skin, I only have small samples of it from a bottle the sales women gave me but it's nice.

I own many foundations so will wait. I bet this will not stay in the line due to the $ and no refill with it!  Personally, I feel they think we are not "hip to the game" of when they make changes and I am sure it's about money [duh] - adding lower quality here and there thinking we will won't notice...well we do..arghh

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky