Super Contributor

Re: Essie "Treat Love & Color" nail polish

LOVE this Love, Treat, Color...have 2 bottles and wear constantly now. Easy application, nice muted but bright shades and my nails feel good.

Valued Contributor

@Lynnlu wrote:

Thank you Jump4joy2 for the info.

You are welcome!  My nails really are stronger now.  I am using my OPI stash less and less these days!

Super Contributor

Just bought some today afer reading this post. Obviousy I can't speak for the strength of it yet, but the color (laven-dearly) is awesome. If you are looking for a no polish look with oomph - this is it. It truly "brightens" your nails as it states. Easy application and dries quickly. I don't normally wear polish as I am not good at applying, but will definately keep this stuff on!

Trusted Contributor

From the description, this would probably be worth a try if your nails are dry/brittle and peeling (which means that it probably won't do much to help those with soft, peeling nails). No idea how much of their promotion is the typical "hype" using key buzz words and carefully worded implications. But, yeah, definitely worthg a try if your nails tend to be dry/brittle.

Do you know about "cleaning up" after you apply polish? Between "floating" on a quick dry top coat and cleaning up I usuially end up with even the worst looking manicures looking pretty darn good, if I say so myself. And I'm talking polishes that are normally difficulat to apply due to the color and/or finish. Of course, practice helps also. But, honestly, for most of us that do our own nails, clean up is critical.

Honored Contributor

If, after wearing this for a good while, would someone post and say whether it really has helped with their problem nails??

I would like to try this but so far, every where I go they are sold out!  They must have only gotten 1 of each color.  Any how, I am still searching.  

I was not wearing any polish at all since all polish and removing it seemed to make my nails worse.  But now, suddenly, they are getting worse any way so I thought this might help!

Thanks!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

This is an old topic but I wanted to see if anyone is still using this and what your results are??

When I first saw it, I was only able to find like 2 shades.  Now, there are quite a few!  I never did try it because it seems all nail polishes after awhile make my nails worse.

I was hoping that this one would be different!

I like the minimal look in nails.  Something to improve and enhance but not necessarily something really bright for a day-to-day look.

Anyone???

Thanks!!!

Respected Contributor

I purchased some lovely Essie colors on hollar.com at a great sale price. You have to check often because they sell out fast. Other brands there too. My nail polish color go to.

Regular Contributor

Don't waste your money based on this claim - it did nothing to make my nails stronger, in fact they seemed more brittle on the ends than before. After a month I tossed it.

Sally Hanson works the best in my opinion.

Respected Contributor

Amazon has a bunch of colors of the TLC polish.  They are $10 and free shipping with Prime.  I may try one.  I'm always on the quest for better nails.  Mine peel and I have one that cracks vertically.  I know i wash my hands too much!

Honored Contributor

@bridal_divawrote:

Don't waste your money based on this claim - it did nothing to make my nails stronger, in fact they seemed more brittle on the ends than before. After a month I tossed it.

Sally Hanson works the best in my opinion.

@bridal_diva

Oh, no --that's not good!  Which SH do yo use?