Esteemed Contributor

Essie "Treat Love & Color" nail polish

"Stronger nails in just 1 week!"  -- that's what the advertisement says, anyway. 

I'm desperate and ready to try something new to strengthen my nails, so I bought a bottle of the Essie "TLC" this morning.  I got the light beige-y color.   OK, so after only 4 hours, I can't review how well it works to strengthen my fingernails, but I love the color, how easily it goes on, and how smooth it is.  Considering I'm a total klutz at applying nail polishes, I'm surprised how good it looks.   Directions say to apply 2 coats, once a week - remove and re-do.  Easy enough. 

Has anyone here been using the Essie "TLC" and have reviews on it?  What are your opinions?

Thanks!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor

Re: Essie "Treat Love & Color" nail polish

A friend gave me a bottle last week, and I love this brand. It goes on smoothly and the shine lasts forever. So far, after a week, it still has not chipped. Now I have to find out where I can find the brand.

Valued Contributor

@Lynnlu wrote:

A friend gave me a bottle last week, and I love this brand. It goes on smoothly and the shine lasts forever. So far, after a week, it still has not chipped. Now I have to find out where I can find the brand.

Kohls and CVS carry it.  I really like the Treat Color and Love polish.  I have two of the shades and have been using them for a couple of months and it has helped strengthen my nails! 

Honored Contributor

@tototwo I have not tried the TLC but please keep us informed of your results.  I love Essie nail polishes.  Beautiful shades and the polish glides on.  That's all I buy.  I do have one OPI.  Cat WinkHeart

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Hodgemom,  Essie is at Walgreens, ULTA, Sephora and probably CVS.   

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I like Essie, especially the big variety of shades. But I always seem to go back to Sally Hansen because I prefer the wider brush. The latest SH I bought is Color Therapy Argan Oil Formula. I thought it might not last as long, but so far two coats have lasted 6 days with no chips (I don't baby my nails), and the color choices are great.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought mine at Walgreen's.  There are only 3 colors that I can find in the store and online.  Now I wish I'd bought the pink - oh well.... the beige is OK, but looks kind of purple-ish on day 2.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

I buy mine (I wear the pink) at Walgreens

Frequent Contributor

Thank you Jump4joy2 for the info.

Regular Contributor

HSN has started carrying Essie nailpolish.