Honored Contributor

Re: Essie "Treat Love & Color" nail polish

@mimawrote:

Amazon has a bunch of colors of the TLC polish.  They are $10 and free shipping with Prime.  I may try one.  I'm always on the quest for better nails.  Mine peel and I have one that cracks vertically.  I know i wash my hands too much!

@mima

I actually think this is part of my problem, too!  Constantly washing my hands and/or using hand sanitizer.  I try to use hand cream right after but that constant exposure to water and soap does a number on my nails and hands! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I started this thread back in August of last year.  I'm sorry to report that I tossed my bottle of TLC before it was half-empty.  I fell out of love with it very quickly. 

(1)  It certainly did nothing to strengthen my nails. 

(2) It kept separating with thick yellow oil at the top of the polish.  I shook the bottle till my hand hurt,  but the oily goo was always a problem for me. 

(3) The beige I bought seemed to change color over time.  The second day it had a purple look to it and got more purple as days passed.

I went back to my Sally Hansen Hard As Nails polish -- all's well.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

I used the one that looks white in the bottle. Yes, it did apply easily and I liked the wider brush a lot, but for the cost it was beyond disappointing.

Honored Contributor

@tototwowrote:

I started this thread back in August of last year.  I'm sorry to report that I tossed my bottle of TLC before it was half-empty.  I fell out of love with it very quickly. 

(1)  It certainly did nothing to strengthen my nails. 

(2) It kept separating with thick yellow oil at the top of the polish.  I shook the bottle till my hand hurt,  but the oily goo was always a problem for me. 

(3) The beige I bought seemed to change color over time.  The second day it had a purple look to it and got more purple as days passed.

I went back to my Sally Hansen Hard As Nails polish -- all's well.

@tototwo

Oh, my, that was terrible!!!  Sorry for such a rotten experience! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

I bought mine at Walmart. They have quite a few colors. I want to get a professsional manicure before I use mine. 

Respected Contributor

I am using this and enjoying it.  I am wearing sheers to you on my fingernails.  Unlike the light colored Julep polish, this one lasts longer and isn’t drying to my nails.  I keep my nails short and find this lasts almost a week.