Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch - Essie "Ballet Slippers"! Smiley Happy

Yup. My go to color for salon manicure. Love it. Have it on now 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  Definitely Essie.  You may like Ballet Slippers (it's actually the Queen of Great Britain's favorite).  Essie has the best nudes.  Sally Hansen - I had a polish on my toes left over from last summer and in December removed to find my nails in bad condition - never again.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  Definitely Essie.  You may like Ballet Slippers (it's actually the Queen of Great Britain's favorite).  Essie has the best nudes.  Sally Hansen - I had a polish on my toes left over from last summer and in December removed to find my nails in bad condition - never again.  Cat Happy

You had the same polish on your toes for 6 months? Did I read that correctly?

Esteemed Contributor

My choice would be Essie Ballet Slippers.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I have tried Essie and it starts to chip and wear off withing 24 hours.  I am a Sally Hansen fanatic and have been for years.  I love their polish.  I start with a base coat and finish with a clear gel top coat, all SH products, and the colors wear like iron.  I also use their Vitamin E nail and cuticle oil. Prices are good and excellent products.

Respected Contributor

@Alison Wonderland  You are so right.  I have to go through a lot of preparation with my nails before I apply color.  The base and top coats really do make a difference.

When I get a little chipping, and it's in the same places where I'm having nail issues (peeling or splitting), then I know it's more about my nails than the polish I used.  When I get big chips on random nails, then I blame the polish.  Having said that, lately I've been liking Essie.  Previous to that I was using Sally Hansen Miracle Gel, which I also liked a lot.  OPI has always been a big chipper for me.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

If you can find a SH color you like for a much better price than Essie, go for it, I have used them all on my natural nails, and see no difference in quality. I recently got a SH Hard as Nails color at Walmart for $1.97 and it is just fine, had it on for a week, only a few minor chips.

Respected Contributor

Essie. I like the brush because it lays color down at the base and sides with very little cleanup.

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer Sally Hansen because I like the wider brushes....plus it lasts for over a week for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Sally Hansen is always my first choice but I do buy others