Trusted Contributor

Re: Erno Laszlo~~anyone using this over 50?

I use the oil & Sea Mud soap and love them. The oil does not emulsify with water like some oil cleansers do. But I do love this combo for cleansing. Have used it off and on for at least 35 years or more and am currently using it when I remember to wash my face at night (muy bad often {#emotions_dlg.sad}). My soap is getting to be a sliver though so I will need to buy a new one soon. FYI, I'm almost 59.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Super Contributor

Thank you all for the posts. I would have answered sooner but I had a hard time getting online and then finding this thread. I was given some samples......I used this back in the early 80's seems like and that smell of the light controlling lotion brought back a fragrance memory....there is just something about that scent. So I have the beige soap sample, the oil and then a sample of the toning oil after you wash and then night cream and day cream. Only a few of those samples but the oil sample is small but it has lasted me 5 days and I still have half a bottle but I only wash my face at night so I think I should start washing twice. It says to rinse 20 times in the soap oil water and then 10 times in hot water.....to open the pores........it is not in my budget to get this line but I will certainly enjoy the samples. The lady was so nice to me......even if I just got the oil and used a natural gentle soap that would work.........years ago though the bottles were big......I did not take a look at the size of the bottles she just brought the samples to me in Houston. I don't like mineral oil though but I have read reviews online and ladies in their 60's are still using this line and say they look great with their skin. It has to work for people or they would not still be in business.

Super Contributor

I read that you can also use the oil on your nails.......

Respected Contributor

A full size oil can last me 4 months as can a soap and I wash 2x a day. I buy the Light Controlling lotion in the 12 oz size for $55.. I also use the 3-9 Phormula cream, which has played very nicely w/my sensitive skin.

Honored Contributor

I think the new owners changed the rinsing in the same water by saying to rinse again in hot water. I guess this system lets out an exfoliator. Why rinse in the same water to put back the lipids or whatever, then exfoliate and take it all off again? Either or I guess.

Super Contributor

I went to their website and see that they have larger sizes and that are a good price. I read on Paulas Choice and she did not give them good reviews but this company has been around so long it has to work for many. I have enjoyed my samples and they will last me a long time. I can't afford the creams.......but I can save for the oil and soap.......but I will use these samples first. So nice a sales lady gives samples.......it is what makes me buy.......Dillards does not really give out samples.......I don't know why......so I won't shop there........they don't carry Laszlo anyway.........I did see where the Q has the sea mud soap and oil but I can't use the sea mud since I am older....though I think it would help with my body but I buy the Nubains {sp} Africian Black Soap and I really like it..........cost about $4 or $5 a bar.......I used to buy this for my son......he loves it........I stopped taking care of myself the last year with my skin really with the sickness but I am going to continue to work on my skin even though I have been sick and in pain........letting your skin go for a year or two or like in my case really 10 years can show it has not been taken care of on me.

Super Contributor

I will read the history again on the company.....I did not know it was sold but I did know either in 1998 or 2000 that they also owned Black Opal skin care line and I would buy Black Opal black soap thinking it was probably Sea Mud. I have not seen Black Opal though in years.

Super Contributor

On 5/13/2014 wackers said:

The one positive about EL is their philosophy about hydration. When you think about it, the line was started when it wasn't as easy to find super hydrating serums and creams. They always stressed the face splashing 30x which is good for the skin. I think it's a good skincare company as are many others in good department stores. I know they have some very loyal customers who have been with them for years.

You have great points and I wonder now that since we have mists that give hydration on our face if that will help in our face needing water. I have Claudie grape face water that I use in the summer.......but I won't buy anymore once this is used up.

Honored Contributor

Now that's a blast from the past. I remember that brand from back when I was a teen in the late 70's. It was very expensive. I didn't know it was still around.