Super Contributor

Erno Laszlo~~anyone using this over 50?

I know it is expensive but I was given a sample of the cleansing oil.......it is nice. I just wanted to know if anyone loves Erno Laszlo. Blessings and happiness to all.

Super Contributor

Re: Erno Laszlo~~anyone using this over 50?

They still sell that stuff? Wow, when I was 16 and was recruited into modeling, they tried to shove that product down us, and it's very expensive. I'm 44 now (you do the math) and I found much better products for far less.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jules5280. That was my reaction also. It was considered one of the premier lines in the 70s and 80s. I was never impressed with it.

Respected Contributor

I was clocked in 1977 and used the line for about 3 years.....got tired of the splashing HOT water......I also didn't know they still sold the line. I did like the Sea Mud Soap.

Super Contributor

On 5/13/2014 hulagirl said:

I was clocked in 1977 and used the line for about 3 years.....got tired of the splashing HOT water......I also didn't know they still sold the line. I did like the Sea Mud Soap.

The Sea Mud Soap was good.... but the rest was nothing special, at least not anything that cannot be found in better formulations these days. I for sure wouldn't pay for the EL line anymore.

Trusted Contributor

The one positive about EL is their philosophy about hydration. When you think about it, the line was started when it wasn't as easy to find super hydrating serums and creams. They always stressed the face splashing 30x which is good for the skin. I think it's a good skincare company as are many others in good department stores. I know they have some very loyal customers who have been with them for years.

Super Contributor

On 5/13/2014 wackers said:

The one positive about EL is their philosophy about hydration. When you think about it, the line was started when it wasn't as easy to find super hydrating serums and creams. They always stressed the face splashing 30x which is good for the skin. I think it's a good skincare company as are many others in good department stores. I know they have some very loyal customers who have been with them for years.

And the reason for the 30 splashes in the SAME water was that the oils from your face (or their oil if you used it before the soap) would be re-introduced back into your skin with every subsequent splash. Did that make sense? To this day I rinse at LEAST 30 times (it's burned into my brain) but with running water. Sometimes, even with really emollient cleansers, I can feel a LITTLE tight. I think -- should I cut down on the 30 -- or maybe use the same water like I did in the 70's! :-)

Respected Contributor

I do! Congestion in pores clearing out, rosacea under control, no problems w/skin this winter, I am very pleased with this line. Not as 'old-fashioned' people assume. I do the 30 rinses, but15 and 15 w/hot water. No tightness. I use the Pheltyl soap not sea mud, but I'm clocked at 11:00-slightly dry.

Esteemed Contributor

I used it in my twenties and thirties. I used the entire regimen, it saved my skin. I bet its super expensive now!! Loved it though!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

RibbonsRosesRainbows:

I just check the ingredients -- the first ingredient is mineral oil. If you don't mind that, I actually think it's pretty reasonably priced for 6.8oz. I'm currently loving Tatcha and it runs $48 for 5.1 oz. Okay, they're probably both overpriced.

There are several other cleansing oils out there that have devoted followers -- Shiseido and DHC are both iconic. Shiseido is $25 for 5 oz, DHC is $28 for 6.7 oz. Shiseido DOES have mineral oil -- again, if that's no problem for you, might be worth a try. DHC has oils other than mineral.

It seems there are more and more cleansing oils coming on the market recently, so if you really love what an oil does for you and you don't want to pop for the big bucks, I think you'd find something you like.

I admit, the reason I'm willing to pay for the Tatcha is because I just really LIKE it a lot. That's an important factor, IMO. So you if love the Laszlo, treat yourself. :-)