Super Contributor

Re: Equate brand skincare - inexpensive knockoffs with great ingredient decks!

Why must these threads stray from the original topic and become a free for all ? We don't need the underlying opinions, just stick to the subject please.

We each can do our own thinking on the minutiae of each subject matter. These forums are not tutorials.

Esteemed Contributor

Equate is Walmart's brand ---- good products and lower prices.

Contributor

On 4/23/2014 Remee said:

Why must these threads stray from the original topic and become a free for all ? We don't need the underlying opinions, just stick to the subject please.

We each can do our own thinking on the minutiae of each subject matter. These forums are not tutorials.

so, you stayed on topic when you told us to stay on topic?
Respected Contributor

Just want to say.. Thanks for the original post here. The info you provided on equate products is very helpful. I use some products, and read the ingredients and percentages are identical. Equate mouthwash is just one. Thank-you again!

Super Contributor

On 4/23/2014 Remee said:

I appreciate the underlying opinions. There is always something to learn when opinions are shared even if they go slightly astray of the topic.

Slightly quoting you; why must these threads always bring out the board monitors who want to dictate what people post?

Honored Contributor

On 4/23/2014 Remee said:

Who is "we"?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

All Equate is is "name brands" repackaged in Walmart brand bottles so you are getting the exact same thing as the name brand. Walmart ( and other companies) buy another companies surplus and sells it to us at a cheaper price. I only know this for they taught this at my job ( long story) I am in the drug business and all that Equate Ibuprofen is Advil repackaged. That is why insurance companies will pay on drugs from one source and not the other. For some reason drug insurance companies will not pay on something that been repackaged. basically anything with Equate, CVS, Walgreens ... etc is repackaged

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/23/2014 kcladyz said:

All Equate is is "name brands" repackaged in Walmart brand bottles so you are getting the exact same thing as the name brand. Walmart ( and other companies) buy another companies surplus and sells it to us at a cheaper price. I only know this for they taught this at my job ( long story) I am in the drug business and all that Equate Ibuprofen is Advil repackaged. That is why insurance companies will pay on drugs from one source and not the other. For some reason drug insurance companies will not pay on something that been repackaged. basically anything with Equate, CVS, Walgreens ... etc is repackaged

Manufacturers of store brand products fall into four general classifications:
• They are large national brand manufacturers that utilize their expertise and excess plant capacity to supply store brands.
• They are small, quality manufacturers that specialize in particular product lines and concentrate on producing store brands almost exclusively. Often these companies are owned by corporations that also produce national brands.
• They are major retailers and wholesalers that own their own manufacturing facilities and provide store brand products for themselves.
• And they are also regional brand manufacturers that produce private label products for specific markets.

I never really thought to use any of the Equate versions. But I do use some of the Wegman's house brands in some things.

Respected Contributor

On 4/23/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 4/23/2014 sciencegeek said:

Sorry. I don't shop at Walmart/Sams. Those low prices cost us <em>lots</em> because their workers aren't paid a living wage and most have to rely on EBT/food stamps.

I don't shop at Walmart either and haven't even been in a Walmart for about 20 yrs but I am just curious do you also not shop at Target because their hourly employees are in the exact same boat along with many other grocery stores, etc...

Very true..I always thought they paid more..but not true. A guy I went to High School with - owned at one time several Video Stroes and we all know how those stores went with the DVD and On Demand/Netflix etc..so he took a part-time job at Target. He went to full time he said..and is Evening Front End Supervisor of the Cashiers..is the one they call if they have a issue etc..he told me on Saturday..he has been there four years..and makes ..ready for this...$9.83 an hour!!!!

Super Contributor

On 4/23/2014 sciencegeek said:

Sorry. I don't shop at Walmart/Sams. Those low prices cost us lots because their workers aren't paid a living wage and most have to rely on EBT/food stamps.

Not sure where you shop then, since most other retail establishments pay approximately the same wage. Retail jobs are typically low paying jobs.

To the OP...yes most of the products in the Equate line are just as good if not better than the name brands.