Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Epilating question please

[ Edited ]

Does it work on bikini area?   Instead of a bikini wax?

Respected Contributor

Epilating and waxing are really the same thing, yanking the hair out of the follicle.  But epilating is not nearly quick as waxing, so pain will be longer and bikini area is the most sensitive...  I have a Tria home laser unit, so I thought about trying that on bikini area. 

I started with an Emjoi, now I use Braun, and I think it’s much better. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

Do they also mention how much it hurts?

@Kachina624  Oh real pain around the top lip. 

Honored Contributor

@sassenach1wrote:

I don’t have the ones you saw on air, but I do have a similar one from years ago.  I hate shaving my legs.  I’ve been using the epilator for years.  Hairs do not grow back slower or finer, at least not for me.  Yes, it hurts, but I am used to that.  I use it, then a few days later the more hidden hairs need it.  But, it lasts, overall, much longer than shaving.  It lasts about two weeks on my legs.

I used it on face for a while, but now I use something else on my face.  

@sassenach1  I was using the epilator more often thought I’d have to. I stopped and ordered these long narrow face shavers (set of 3) from Amazon. Only use it every 10 days.

Honored Contributor

I've been epilating my underarms for about 5 years now.  At this point, I only have to epilate once a month for only a few fine hairs remaining.  In the beginning, it was not painful for me at all.  Now I can't feel anything.  There was never a time when I had to epilate everyday.  Epilating for me has resulted in smooth underarm skin - not the bumpy skin I used to have from shaving.  The main reason I began to epilate was due to the dark cast and bumpy skin from shaving. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Justholdingon  I've been epilating my legs for years. To me, it's not painful at all. After several years, the hair was noticeably finer and slower growing. Now? Maybe every 2-3 weeks for a quick touch-up after a bath to soften my skin. I'm sold on epilation. Mine is a plug-in unit; I wouldn't bother with a battery one. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I bought the one that you plug in.  Wish I would have had it years ago.  At my age,  I no longer have hair on my legs.  I use this on my face and arms.  I no longer have to go to have my upper lip and chin area waxed.  I don't need to use the epilator very often now.  

Respected Contributor

@Justholdingon I've been epilating with the Braun Epilator for over 20 years. I used it on my legs and bikini area. I had my bikini area laserdisc because of i browns all the time. Now, no more hair, at all. My legs, I've hardly any hair at all and the hair that is there, is extremely fine. There are so few hairs, that I actually only epilate maybe, every 2 months or so in the winter (can go longer but that's me) and once a month or longer in the summer. When the hairs are long, they are so fine and far apart they you can hardly see them. As far as pain, the first few times it hurts a little. A lot like little bee stings. After several times, It hardly hurts. After awhile, nothing. Absolutely get the plug in!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.