Honored Contributor

Re: Ends are super dry all of a sudden :(

I'm with Colonel Meow...TT first, then second cleanse/condition Fig.

Are you putting in a dolup of CC when your hair is soaking as a leave in? I do..mid shaft down to the ends only (not scalp)

If I use TT for both, my hair is a little drier. TT makes my hair grow faster which is why I love it!

I can't use 613 hardly at all...and BGT and all seasonals MUST be mixed or my hair is dry.

I prefer core Wheats (TT, Fig, SAM)...NOT Pom which is soy like the seasonals! Soy, rice and protein equals dry hair on me.

I love Fig. It is so moisturizing! The scent...not so much, but that is a small price to pay to get the softer ends! The scent doesn't last and whatever yummy SC I use afterwards is really all that I smell.

I do use a tiny bit of oil on my ends when needed also.

Respected Contributor

On 3/19/2015 RespectLife said:

I'm with Colonel Meow...TT first, then second cleanse/condition Fig.

Are you putting in a dolup of CC when your hair is soaking as a leave in? I do..mid shaft down to the ends only (not scalp)

If I use TT for both, my hair is a little drier. TT makes my hair grow faster which is why I love it!

I can't use 613 hardly at all...and BGT and all seasonals MUST be mixed or my hair is dry.

I prefer core Wheats (TT, Fig, SAM)...NOT Pom which is soy like the seasonals! Soy, rice and protein equals dry hair on me.

I love Fig. It is so moisturizing! The scent...not so much, but that is a small price to pay to get the softer ends! The scent doesn't last and whatever yummy SC I use afterwards is really all that I smell.

I do use a tiny bit of oil on my ends when needed also.

I tried using just my dime size of leave in of the fig...I don't have much in the bottle but enough for leave in's ...I love the new SHL but due to very high humidity here wanted to see if fig made the ends even better...Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Hi again! I used TT CC for both washes (used a little more than I had been using), I then used TT SC, and let air dry. The ends are much softer! Not as great as they have been but much better. Do you think it really could be that he Pom SC is that drying?
New Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem....Hair feels like straw on the ends....after using 613 and switching from the almond/mint to the rice protein formulas. Only solution was to stop using

WEN and go back to a super moisturizing shampoo for a few washes and then back to the almond mint. Live and learn..

I have just ordered the oil formula...but don't think my hair needs oil....It needs moisture

because it looks so dry and lifeless. Can't believe the downslide...Why don't we know this

prior to buying these products? Which ones are best for dry hair and which ones will make

hair dry-er..

Honored Contributor

dp

Valued Contributor

I watch many Wen presentations and I never hear any one complain about what you are complaining about in this thread.I never hear Chaz ever address some of these problems..I really think that ,like someone said,that he should say about if you have too much PROTEIN on some peoples hair..it might do this or that....I gave up on Wen..it was too much work and from reading this thread,I know I wasn't wrong..Washing hair should be simply..and Wen seems way to complicated for me..My Husband uses Wen..but he has very short hair and uses 1 pump and done..but that was not my case.....not for me.

Honored Contributor

On 5/22/2015 Madye said:

I'm having the exact same problem....Hair feels like straw on the ends....after using 613 and switching from the almond/mint to the rice protein formulas. Only solution was to stop using

WEN and go back to a super moisturizing shampoo for a few washes and then back to the almond mint. Live and learn..

I have just ordered the oil formula...but don't think my hair needs oil....It needs moisture

because it looks so dry and lifeless. Can't believe the downslide...Why don't we know this

prior to buying these products? Which ones are best for dry hair and which ones will make

hair dry-er..

When you say switching to the rice protein formulas do you mean bamboo green tee and/or mandarine italian fig? Because both of those also have the extra aminos that 613 and the seasonals have. You do need to balance moisture and protein. The core Fig ( not mandarine italian fig) is for dry hair and has the most moisture.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 5/22/2015 Alexa6352 said:

I watch many Wen presentations and I never hear any one complain about what you are complaining about in this thread.I never hear Chaz ever address some of these problems..I really think that ,like someone said,that he should say about if you have too much PROTEIN on some peoples hair..it might do this or that....I gave up on Wen..it was too much work and from reading this thread,I know I wasn't wrong..Washing hair should be simply..and Wen seems way to complicated for me..My Husband uses Wen..but he has very sorth hair and uses 1 pump and done..but that was not my case.....not for me.

Has has said in the past that you need to balance moisture and protein and explained how they affect the hair. It was a fairly hot topic of conversation that made it into the shows about a year or two ago. I don't watch the shows enough lately to say if it's been discussed recently.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2015 Pinky920 said: Hi guys! I've been using Wen for 2 years this week! Wow! I've tried various products in the line and am totally committed to Wen. Lately my ends have all of a sudden become really dry. I pretty much use only TT CC and SC with a drop of oil mixed with the SC. Occasionally I use a curling iron but always air dry. Lately I ran out of TT SC and finished off a bit of Pom SC while waiting for TT cream to arrive. Any thoughts as to why the ends would feel dry and crispy? TIA!

Are they dry and crispy and splitting or dry but not splitting?

If ends are dry and not splitting, I would recommend adding Fig or Remoist to your routine. I often do Fig on the length of my hair and Tea Tree on my scalp. A Remoist treatment will also help for dryness. Using Tea Tree alone would dry my hair out.

If they're dry and splitting, you could be lacking protein. You may want to add 613 or seasonals to your routine for the added protein. 613 should be an addition and not a replacement for a regular cleansing conditioner, as it has the most protein of the WEN line and too much protein can cause hair to become brittle. It's a treatment, so use it more like Remoist than like a cleansing conditioner.

Esteemed Contributor

Me too

Maybe it is your diet. I just realized myself,I became Vegan and maybe that has changed my hair. That or Chaz changed his formula........lol

I had to go back to fig for more moisture after leaving it because my hair was too greasy for a while.

I have been using WEN since Chaz first came to the Q