Honored Contributor

Re: Ends are super dry all of a sudden :(

Pinky920,

I'm sorry you hare having troubles with dry ends. If I might suggest, we have had a very loooong Winter where I live and the heat has been on almost constantly, if that is the case in your area your sudden dry ends may come from that.

At any rate, prior to WEN I had dry broken ends. I use TT for every 1st cleanse because my scalp has issues related to medication, but I use a more moisturizing CC for the 2nd cleanse. In my case I use BGT + SHP combined for 2nd.

Just wondering, do you use WEN oils, or remoist? If so, a few extra treatments with one of those might help.

Hope you find an answer.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

On 3/17/2015 MFitz said: Now you got me thinking. I have been using TT for about six months and use 613 about once a week. My ends also started getting very dry and split. I have been blaming it on styling tools which I use a few times a week. Maybe it is the Wen. I actually had my hair cut shorter and stopped using Wen. I loved Wen so am sad to stop using it. I'm on a trial to see if not using it helps.

I get great results when I stick to TT and FIG (my HG duo). But I had to learn the hard way about the formulas that are protein-rich, such as 613 and the seasonals.

Respected Contributor

On 3/17/2015 Colonel Meow said:
On 3/17/2015 MFitz said: Now you got me thinking. I have been using TT for about six months and use 613 about once a week. My ends also started getting very dry and split. I have been blaming it on styling tools which I use a few times a week. Maybe it is the Wen. I actually had my hair cut shorter and stopped using Wen. I loved Wen so am sad to stop using it. I'm on a trial to see if not using it helps.

I get great results when I stick to TT and FIG (my HG duo). But I had to learn the hard way about the formulas that are protein-rich, such as 613 and the seasonals.

I have learned this, too. But, for some reason, I can't resist the urge to use the protein-rich cc's like the seasonals because they smell so good. . I can use them occasionally, but if I use them for several cleanses in a row, my hair gets dry. My hair is on protein overload right now from using SHL and MIF. The last two cleanses, I have stuck to the core cc's, and I can feel the moisture coming back to my hair. When will I ever learn.? The struggle is real, lol.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Super Contributor

Hilary - the struggle is so real!!! I deal with it every time Chaz introduces a new seasonal. I play this on repeat in my head: Must. Not. Buy. (Because you know what happens!)

Frequent Contributor

Same thing is happening with me. I am so confused. My hair has so much breakage that my hairdresser thought that I got a haircut from someone else in between my visits to her. I am not sure what to do. Why would Wen be damaging my hair so much when it was so wonderful in the beginning? And I have stayed away from protein-rich formulas...
Valued Contributor

To much protein or if my hair doesn't need it that often will dry out my hair and break off. I was given a protein spray by my hair cutter. She told me to spray it on my shampooed damp hair each time I wash it. Well, 6 weeks later I went for a trim and she asked me, what happened to the ends of your hair??? Much better now after a couple of months using Josie Maran argan oil, it saved my hair from the damage done...

Respected Contributor

I would also try using Wen oil on the ends. I would imagine that this should help.

Frequent Contributor

May be a dumb question, but I've also been wondering if the seasonal mousse and SC could cause dryness. I sometimes wonder if they are helping or not. It's hard to figure out what's what sometimes.
Trusted Contributor

just a thought but if your hair is longer than when you first started using wen you'll need a few more pumps during cleansing

live....laugh....love
Respected Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Lindy Lou said: May be a dumb question, but I've also been wondering if the seasonal mousse and SC could cause dryness. I sometimes wonder if they are helping or not. It's hard to figure out what's what sometimes.

OH I think the new SHL styling products and oil will be great tho as they have a 4 honeys in them..I read about them on Chaz's site, but we don't know I guess when he will have them here...I have only used the 613 SC so I am not sure about any others, but sometimes my ends are dry, which I think could be our high humidity, & I still use the flat iron sometimes..