Frequent Contributor

Ends are super dry all of a sudden :(

Hi guys! I've been using Wen for 2 years this week! Wow! I've tried various products in the line and am totally committed to Wen. Lately my ends have all of a sudden become really dry. I pretty much use only TT CC and SC with a drop of oil mixed with the SC. Occasionally I use a curling iron but always air dry. Lately I ran out of TT SC and finished off a bit of Pom SC while waiting for TT cream to arrive. Any thoughts as to why the ends would feel dry and crispy? TIA!
Super Contributor

Re: Ends are super dry all of a sudden :(

My ends feel this way whenever I use products with too much protein. It's why I can't use 613 or any of the seasonals. It doesn't sound as though you are using these, though, so I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Respected Contributor

On 3/17/2015 Colonel Meow said:

My ends feel this way whenever I use products with too much protein. It's why I can't use 613 or any of the seasonals. It doesn't sound as though you are using these, though, so I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

So the Seasonal's have more protein than the core's?....I was thinking the seasonal's were more moisturizing than the core's though. So dry ends might not be a lack of moisture but too much protein...good to know...

Super Contributor

On 3/17/2015 quadmimi said:

So the Seasonal's have more protein than the core's?....I was thinking the seasonal's were more moisturizing than the core's though. So dry ends might not be a lack of moisture but too much protein...good to know...

Yes, the seasonals are more treatment intensive (meaning protein, among other things). Although I've not tried it yet, Summer Honey Peach had rave reviews from last summer. Many reviews said that it gave all the treatment benefits of the typical seasonals, and exceptional moisturization. I plan to try SHP when it is offered again, in hopes that it may end my seasonal jinx.

Honored Contributor

I'd do a coconut oil treatment on the length of your hair, just leave in it for a few hours and wash out with your usual CC.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

On 3/17/2015 quadmimi said:

Yes, the seasonals are more treatment intensive (meaning protein, among other things). Although I've not tried it yet, Summer Honey Peach had rave reviews from last summer. Many reviews said that it gave all the treatment benefits of the typical seasonals, and exceptional moisturization. I plan to try SHP when it is offered again, in hopes that it may end my seasonal jinx.

I have been using the new SHL and it is awesome...maybe use the core's on the ends if they get dry...

Honored Contributor

I found that after using TT for quite a few months, my hair seemed to get pretty dry. I loved it at first. I think it was too much to use for my hair every time I washed. Too astringent maybe. Maybe try just using it once every third wash and something more moisturizing the other times?

Super Contributor

quadmimi - it's definitely worth a shot! I'm looking forward to June.

ETA: Oops, didn't realize you were talking about the Spring Honey Lavender.

Respected Contributor

quadmimi - it's definitely worth a shot! I'm looking forward to June.

ETA: Oops, didn't realize you were talking about the Spring Honey Lavender.

Oh that's ok, I am in for the SHP also!...

Esteemed Contributor

Now you got me thinking. I have been using TT for about six months and use 613 about once a week. My ends also started getting very dry and split. I have been blaming it on styling tools which I use a few times a week. Maybe it is the Wen. I actually had my hair cut shorter and stopped using Wen. I loved Wen so am sad to stop using it. I'm on a trial to see if not using it helps.