Honored Contributor

Re: Ends are super dry all of a sudden :(

On 3/18/2015 Lindy Lou said: May be a dumb question, but I've also been wondering if the seasonal mousse and SC could cause dryness. I sometimes wonder if they are helping or not. It's hard to figure out what's what sometimes.

you could also try not using one product at a time for awhile and see if your hair changes (either improves, there are no changes, or it gets worse) during that time? This will help you determine if they are helping or not.

Respected Contributor

On 3/17/2015 Hilary77 said:
On 3/17/2015 Colonel Meow said:
On 3/17/2015 MFitz said: Now you got me thinking. I have been using TT for about six months and use 613 about once a week. My ends also started getting very dry and split. I have been blaming it on styling tools which I use a few times a week. Maybe it is the Wen. I actually had my hair cut shorter and stopped using Wen. I loved Wen so am sad to stop using it. I'm on a trial to see if not using it helps.

I get great results when I stick to TT and FIG (my HG duo). But I had to learn the hard way about the formulas that are protein-rich, such as 613 and the seasonals.

I have learned this, too. But, for some reason, I can't resist the urge to use the protein-rich cc's like the seasonals because they smell so good. . I can use them occasionally, but if I use them for several cleanses in a row, my hair gets dry. My hair is on protein overload right now from using SHL and MIF. The last two cleanses, I have stuck to the core cc's, and I can feel the moisture coming back to my hair. When will I ever learn.? The struggle is real, lol.

The seasonals must not be as protein rich as the 613 and BGT. I can't use either of those because my hair got dry and crispy almost immediately. I have used and love the SHP and last winters cranberry mint, the SOB (always kills me to type that one!) and now the SHL. SHL has now replaced the SHP as my absolute favorite.

I do a first cleanse with TT and then use the seasonal as my 2nd cleanse that I leave in until right before I finish up my shower.

Super Contributor

My hair tends to be really dry, and I could never use TT alone, I had to mix Fig with TT, or do TT on the scalp and Fig on the ends. (My hair seems to be more tolerant to other CC's lately, but I'm not totally convinced yet...)

I've been using the seasonal SC & Mousse, and have had no problem with them drying out my hair. Actually, I like them better than the others.

I agree, if your hair is longer then you may not be using quite enough CC anymore, and make sure to concentrate the leave in & SC on the ends. Chaz always says to push it into the ends like you do to your cuticles, since the ends are the driest. Also maybe add a drop or 2 of oil to your leave in.

AND, maybe you just need a trim after the long cold winter! (Depending on where you live of course.)

Respected Contributor

Way back when before I started using WEN my naturally curly, dry hair needed to switch up conditioners frequently. After a month or so with the same treatment it just wasn't as effective.

I find that WEN works best for me when I shake up my favorites.

Respected Contributor

On 3/18/2015 islandgrrl said:

Way back when before I started using WEN my naturally curly, dry hair needed to switch up conditioners frequently. After a month or so with the same treatment it just wasn't as effective.

This is a great thought, and the beauty of WEN, I like the Seasonals so maybe switching it up is a good thing...right now SHL is my fav, but SHP will have it's place at my house also!..Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 quadmimi said:

This is a great thought, and the beauty of WEN, I like the Seasonals so maybe switching it up is a good thing...right now SHL is my fav, but SHP will have it's place at my house also!..Smiley Happy

I'm going to build a SHP shrine at my house! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

On 3/18/2015 HappyDaze said:

Oh that is TOO funny!...Can you just see the UPS guys this summer, they will be carrying mountains of QVC boxes to so many doors, all smelling like SHP!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Frequent Contributor

Hi everyone! Wow, thanks for all the responses! Glad to know I'm not alone!

I do have long hair (almost bra strap length) and can't remember the last time I had a trim. Truthfully it almost seems like it should be longer by now. Do you think it could reach the limit of how long it will grow?

Strangely my hair feels really moisturized when I'm in the shower and when I get out, and as soon as it dries it feels fluffy and the ends are dry. When I first started using TT I noticed how wonderful the ends felt! The struggle is real cause I totally agree that I have to resist the 613 and seasonals for the protein reason (love the smells of them all!)

Pom tends to be drying for me as well and I'm wondering if things will improve when I start using the TT SC again?

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 HappyDaze said:

Oh that is TOO funny!...Can you just see the UPS guys this summer, they will be carrying mountains of QVC boxes to so many doors, all smelling like SHP!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I actually like that image alot!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Valued Contributor

Just wanted to add, as a poster mentioned, it has been a long winter and that may contribute to the dry ends. Also I was reading today about protein overload and how to repair and add moisture back into your hair. One mask is:

1 cup full fat coconut milk

6 Tablespoons Olive oil

Mix together and apply to dry hair, leave on for 10 to 15 minutes or longer if desired. Then shampoo as usual.

My hair is shoulder length so I would cut ingredients in half.

Another mask I read about was:

1 Tablespoon organic coconut oil

1 Tablespoon organic raw honey

Mix and warm mixer (this will help open hair follicles), apply to dry hair and leave on for 40-45 min and shampoo as usual.

I am tempted to add honey to the first mask I mentioned.

I am going to try this while watching the Wen's show this weekend.