Contributor

Endless slathering on of body creams

I guess I am in the minority of overly sensitive viewers, but the endless slathering on of body creams is sickening. A normal five minute presentation is fine, but when the presentation is too long, the models look like basted turkeys!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Endless slathering on of body creams

@SugarGlider wrote:

I guess I am in the minority of overly sensitive viewers, but the endless slathering on of body creams is sickening. A normal five minute presentation is fine, but when the presentation is too long, the models look like basted turkeys!

@SugarGlider

This subject has been "slathered"   to death...........Change your channel!!!

Respected Contributor

I don't watch the beauty shows...get a lot of timely info on these boards from sharing, knowledgeable posters.

Over the years I have saved a lot of money...drugstore creams have done a great job.  For really troublesome  arm and leg skin dryness, the CeraVe Healing Ointment ( recommended here by a poster ) brought phenomenal results to this 70+ user.

....and no looking like a basted turkey either, LOL.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I don't think it adds to the presentation since we can't feel or smell it, but it doesn't bother me.

Honored Contributor

I am sensitive to the endless posts about endless slathering of body creams. And finger dippin'.

And "sickening", really? A child molester is sickening. A person putting lotion on, regardless of how many layers, is not. Let's keep things in persepective.

Trusted Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@SugarGlider wrote:

@SugarGlider

This subject has been "slathered"   to death...........Change your channel!!!

Or, OP -- you can watch what you want and post what you want.  I agree with you that the constant rubbing on the body creams gets a little old -- however, not as old as the old "change the channel" thing.

Respected Contributor

It doesn't bother me.

That is their job to get people to buy the creams.

Grease is the time and the place and the motion.

Grease is the way we are feeling.

Grease is the word!Smiley Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

I totally agree with you. I was hoping it wasn't just me. The models look very greasy to me. Especially when using the whipped body butter. Who uses that much? I wouldn't want to put on clothes after using that greasy cream. 

Honored Contributor

I get tired of it too but what else can they do when they spend an HOUR on lotions at a time.    Plus spare me the before & after shots of PORES and wrinkles--yuk!   I don't even look that closely at MINE.    

@SugarGlider wrote:

Valued Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

It doesn't bother me.

That is their job to get people to buy the creams.

Grease is the time and the place and the motion.

Grease is the way we are feeling.

Grease is the word!Smiley Very Happy

Lol. Very cute. Thanks for the laugh.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln