Occasional Contributor

Does anyone use this on their face without the sensitivity cover?   I tried using it with the cover and find it difficult to get it to remove any hair because of the limited area it covers.    

Respected Contributor

I have the large 60 tweezer one. Yes I have used it without the cover. But, I will tell you that I also have an EpiSlim with 18 tweezers, it works far better on my face. Smaller worked better for me.

The 60 tweezer is great for legs and underarms

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor
I have it. Never use the sensitivity cover.
Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
I have it. Never use the sensitivity cover.

Same here. 

When I got my first Emjoi a few years ago I tried the sensitivity cover & was ready to return because no hair was being removed. Someone said not to use it because it renders the emjoi useless. Once I took it off I got good results. Really a waste of money to include it. 

Frequent Contributor

My Emjoi epilator is A334109 Emjoi Gently Silken 18-Disc Rechargeable Epilator.

It has a guard that is solid, but not any additional guard. purchased it it for my upper lip.

OUCH and SCARY but I was tired of tweeting my upper lip and a little highlighter on the Cupid bow, shows any little hair near my upper lip. Shaving does not work for me because the stubble shows up by dinner.

I am thinking about purchasing the one that is more narrow for my upper lip.

Occasional Contributor

@PattySC wrote:

My Emjoi epilator is A334109 Emjoi Gently Silken 18-Disc Rechargeable Epilator.

It has a guard that is solid, but not any additional guard. purchased it it for my upper lip.

OUCH and SCARY but I was tired of tweeting my upper lip and a little highlighter on the Cupid bow, shows any little hair near my upper lip. Shaving does not work for me because the stubble shows up by dinner.

I am thinking about purchasing the one that is more narrow for my upper lip.

I just ordered the one they had on recently that you can plug in.  The few times I did feel it working did not hurt at all.   I'llhave to give it a try without the cover.

Honored Contributor

That plastic guard is worthless, IMO.  You can't get close enough with it on.  I never use it.  

Respected Contributor
Another tip, I thought it would be less painful at the lower speed so that's what I wasn't constantly using. I braced myself to try the higher speed but found it to be a little bit less painful. I've been doing my entire face, from just below my lower lash line down to my neck for a couple of years. I did lower arms yesterday for the first time. I think I like it! Next stop, upper arms.