Frequent Contributor

Emjoy TSV owners-I have a question

I have been using this on my legs every other day for around 3 weeks. I am still not hair free, does that mean it isn't going to work for me? How long should it take to be hair free? What I do have is irritated skin and some ingrown hairs.

Super Contributor

Re: Emjoy TSV owners-I have a question

Looking at some of the other threads on this - it does take a while to get the legs smooth and hair free because of the cycles the hairs grow in. Mine arrived the day after Christmas and I've been using it since - though the last time I used it may have been Sunday or Monday of this week and my legs are pretty smooth still. I have a few stray hairs but it isn't too bad. The area I'm having problems with is my underarms - um, I'm not coordinated enough to hold the skin taut and use the eRase.

Honored Contributor

Hair grows in cycles so there will always be some coming in. Epilators do not stop the hair growth completely.

I use the eRase on my facial hair just about every day. Before I got it I was using the eMagine that often. Most people seem to be happy with the results using it less frequently but it depends on what you want. I don't want any peach fuzz on my cheeks and like the way it looks when I use it every day. Shaving would not work as well because it just cuts off the hair & leaves a blunt end that is more noticeable when growing back in. For me, shaving does not give a smooth look that lasts even one day.

I use the eRase less often on my legs and underarms. I have not counted how long I can go, just use it when needed.

Using epilators after a shower/bath and exfoliating is recommended. My legs get red bumps on them after epilating but there are fewer bumps each time and they have always gone away within a few hours.

Valued Contributor

This may be counter-productive, but I have found that once I get off everything I can with the Emjoy (after several weeks of use), if I then actually shave in the shower my legs are super smooth for quite awhile. I think it's something with pulling the hair out by the root that causes the legs to feel rough.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you. That does make sense.