Trusted Contributor

My experience with my emjoi was terrible!   It felt like I was giving myself bee stings.  I thought if I kept trying it, eventually my skin would get used it and the stinging would go away.  No chance!  After trying it about a half dozen times, I began to get redness that would NOT go away for an entire day.  A couple of weeks after my emjoi disaster, I had a dermatologist appt.  I asked her about it and asked her if she knew why I had such discomfort.  She said some people's hair is more deeply rooted than others, and I probably was one whose hair was more deeply rooted and therefore experienced pain.  She said she had some patients who used emjois or something like them with ease and others could not tolerate them at all.  I told her about the redness and she advised I stopped using it, telling me that my skin was not going to get used to it and if I was having prolonged redness from using it, I was risking an infected hair follicle. She said deeply rooted hair when pulled out by an appliance pulls more of the follicle out with it than hair that grows closer to the surface.

Trusted Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

For my 60th birthday gave myself the gift of electrolysis for brows, pits, and legs.  Was done in a home setting over a year....not as expensive as lasers which did not work for me although I have thick dark hairs.

Freedom...no more daily tweezing and weekly shaving.  Don't even have to think about it.  If you can take tweezing, electrolysis is no big deal.

The Emjoi electric model for pedicure is head and shoulders above the battery-devouring version and quicker.

How many appts. did it take for you to have your leg hair completely removed?  You didn't have all of your eyebrows removed did you?   I don't know if any others experienced what I have; when I first went into menopause, hair stopped growing under my arms, completely!  I feel like that was a reward for enduring the hot flashes!

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, most men have a low pain tolerance, so your potential boyfriend probably wouldn't want to use an Emjoi. He'd simply shave his mustache.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

@sailor_moon You are so right!  My mother used to say "If a woman had the first baby and a man had the second baby, there'd never be a third baby".....I think she's giving them too much credit.

Respected Contributor

I've had my Emjoi since December and haven't used a razor since then.  It's bliss only having to remove leg hair only every few weeks.  My legs are smoother than I was ever able to get with a razor.  It also does a great job removing peach fuzz and those couple of pesky coarse hairs on my face.  One of the best purchases I've made.

I feel nothing when I use it on my legs now.  Just a small sensation on my face.

Well worth the money and yes, they are selling.  Sorry it didn't work for you, OP, but it is clearly working for a lot of customers.

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

Yet another poster that thinks just because SHE didn't like something or it didn't work for HER that everyone else should be deprived of it!

Anyway, I bought the electric one with interchangeable razor/epilator heads awhile back, and while I only use it on my face (both razor and epilator), I love it for that. It's been a miracle for my upper lip/jawline--after using the epilator just one time, the "situation" is much better and more manageable. I still have to pluck a number of coarser chin hairs, but I use the razor on the rest, with only occasional epilating anymore.

Trusted Contributor
I bought one years ago and thought it was so painful. It was an old battery powered one. I have been shaving my face for years and was OK with that but I didn't want to have to worry about whether I had stray chin hairs. I broke down one night and bought this one. I L-o-v-e it so much. I don't have to use it but about once a week on my face or maybe twice if I feel like it. I also only do my under arms about twice a week just to touch up. The first time I did it under my arms it hurt. Not gonna lie. I bit the bullet and never felt that again. Now I don't feel anything. Plud they aren't dark like they used to be. My legs aren't that hairy anyway. I think it is my favorite beauty tool if I can call it that. Chin hair was my biggest pain in the neck. Not anymore!!!😂
Respected Contributor

Don't want to read through the entire thread so If this has been covered I am sorry. Do you HAVE to let the hair on your face grow out before you use the Emjoi AND which one is best for the face?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

Don't want to read through the entire thread so If this has been covered I am sorry. Do you HAVE to let the hair on your face grow out before you use the Emjoi AND which one is best for the face?

@happygolfcartrider - Epilators are like using multiple tweezers at once. The hair does not need to be long but there needs to be enough to grab on to.

You'll get different answers from different people but I highly recommend the Emjoi eRase. The larger one (emagine) I tried bounced off the contours of my face & missed a lot. The eRase fits and moves along curves better. It gets the hair better.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@happygolfcartrider - Epilators are like using multiple tweezers at once. The hair does not need to be long but there needs to be enough to grab on to.

You'll get different answers from different people but I highly recommend the Emjoi eRase. The larger one (emagine) I tried bounced off the contours of my face & missed a lot. The eRase fits and moves along curves better. It gets the hair better.

@willdob3 Thank You, This is the one I was thinking about getting.

Don't worry, be Happy!