Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Emjoi eRase 60-Disc Precision Hair Removal Epilator ???

@cyw_3825 I bought the Emjoi Erase with interchangeable epilator and shaver head several years ago and love that thing for my face--which is the only place I use it. The epilator was a minor miracle for my "mustache" which is fine, but very dark. One use and it was pretty much gone. I do run the shaver over it daily, but rarely feel the need to epilate it anymore. It's also good for the sideburn areas, jawline, and cheek fuzz...just be sure to pull your skin tight wherever you use it.

I do still have to pluck most coarser hairs.

Trusted Contributor

I love my Emjoi eMagine and have been using for about 5 years.  I hardly have any hair left on my legs.  I don't use on my face.

Occasional Contributor

be careful using the emjoi near your lip. The epliator actually picked up part of my lip and I had a bad burn from it. I sent it back to Emjoi headquarters in NY, Please be very careful. I'll see if I still have pics at work to show the thread.

Respected Contributor

I have been using mine for a good 7 plus years and only on my face, chin, upper lip and right below the lip area. I use to have dark coarse hairs, no more, mush less, lighter, softer and don't have to do it as often as I use to. I do it once a week now as a routine.

My face is soft and smooth, no problems but yes, it does stick a bit, feels like a little pinch but get use to it and does the job better than anything I have tried.

I have somewhat sensitive skin and can't use any hair removal creams etc or waxes so this is best for me.

Respected Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

This device has revolutionized and simplified hair removal for me. The only drawback I can think of is that it stings--not a problem for me, but some have had issues with that. I actually find the stinging stimulating, plus I know that each little sting means one less hair. Over time, a few months for me, the hairs actually come back less dense and fewer and finer. I go over my forearms, legs, upper lip and chin about once a week. I find I still have to pluck some of the chin hairs.

I have not done the peach fuzz on my face yet. Mine is blonde and I think it softens my facial features.

I epilate after a shower or bath to pre-soften skin and hairs.

I totally agree! Love mine. Hardly ever have to use it now because I've been using for a long time so hardly any

hairs left. 

Respected Contributor

@Agster wrote:

be careful using the emjoi near your lip. The epliator actually picked up part of my lip and I had a bad burn from it. I sent it back to Emjoi headquarters in NY, Please be very careful. I'll see if I still have pics at work to show the thread.

For that not to happen, you have to hold your skin taut. You have to roll the upper lip over your teeth to tighten the skin. Tight skin = no catching. 

Regular Contributor

I have the Emjoi erase with the longer handle that debuted as a TSV in December 2014 (I think). I love it! The first time I used it there was some stinging, but with regular use no stinging. I have used it on my face with success.  It does not leave stubble on my face or body. I epilate my legs and arms once every week to 10 days. Hope you find success using it!

Respected Contributor

i've had this epilator since December and wouldn't trade it for any kind of razor shaver or trimmer-wet or dry.

I have no pain at all on my legs and arms anymore.  Just a slight sensation when a hair is grabbed. I go over my legs once a week or when I see a hair glinting in the sunlight. I can no longer feel any growth. The hairs grow back so fine there is no longer "stubble".

I also use it on my face for the chin and upper lip area as well as peach fuzz on my cheeks. There is still a bit of a sting on my upper lip but it is well worth it. The hair on my face is also coming back much finer. No more coarse chin hairs!

My skin is miles smoother than when I shaved.  Be patient and keep at it. The benefits far outweigh a little discomfort in the beginning.

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

I have been epilating for YEARS! Hardly a hair left on my legs! I use the eRase now too.

For my upper lip and chin I use the EpiSlim from Emjoi. I has 18 tweezers and really works well on those spots. Again, hardly any hair left there too, just the really stubborn ones!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@Agster wrote:

For that not to happen, you have to hold your skin taut. You have to roll the upper lip over your teeth to tighten the skin. Tight skin = no catching. 

I agree. That only happens if one is not using it as directed. 

Ive had an Emjoi eRase since it first came out. Not sure how many years that is. Love it! I haven't used a razor since.