Honored Contributor

Embellish by Calista

[ Edited ]

I first bought this product during that special event in the summer fundraiser where certain products are half price.  When the Embellish arrived the containers were defective and would not dispense the product.  So I ordered another set - same thing.  Now they have the regular containers and this was my last try.  The container works!  hey!  This product is pretty amazing.  All you need is one pump and for fine or med. hair rub togther and keep clapping until you see that static appear.  Then apply to the roots of you hair everywhere.  It gives beautiful volume and does not feel sticky.  It was worth the wait!   HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I'm so glad you like it!

I found the dispenser always pumped out too much, (only need pea sized amount) and I'd end up scraping most of it off my hand into the garbage can.

Make sure there's no fan, heat, A/C blowing when you start clapping. I had fine sticky strands of Embellish flying all over my clothes, the walls, on the floor, everywhere! 

I tried using it now and then (when I wasn't going out anywhere) for 6 months in hot, cool, dry, and humid weather. I tried it on clean hair, 2nd day hair, and dirty hair

It always felt like I was spreading something akin to bubblegum throughout my hair and it only made me want to wash my hair. Hope they improved the smell, because that was really foul.

In the end I threw it in the trash.

When I wrote a product review I saw most other reviewers had experienced the same issues with Embellish. They keep changing the size of the container so its always 'new' item number, and they don't have to show the pile of negative reviews.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  What's your natural hair like?  I have shoulder length, fine, straight hair and most of the time lifting products like this wimp out and go flat or they make my hair greasy.  Can you reapply the second day?  How do you think it'll work for longer hair

Regular Contributor

Embellish is my holy grail hair product.  I have short layered hair and it makes my hair look fabulous.  I use a very tiny amount and don't clap, just rub my hands together.  I really think this product works best on my type of haircut.  I probably have 6 cans stored away because I don't know what I would do if they quit making it.

Esteemed Contributor

I wanted to try it....but the reviews weren't good when I checked.

Respected Contributor

Redkin Rewind I've been using for years.  It does the job every time.  

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge You are so RIGHT -- sometimes the container dispenses too much product.  Actually, I hate the design of the container.  I would prefer for this product to be in a jar so you can use all the product.  This dispenser/container design will keep a lot of the product and you have no way of opening the container.  It's like a 2 yr. old was the leader of the design container committee!  lol

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch,  I think the best thing to do is go to her website for tips which I have not done yet.  I hate to tell you to buy it and you are unhappy.  I do believe it has been used on longer hair.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch,   It's me again.  I was just on her website and watched the video.  The woman in the video has shoulder length hair and it worked beautifully on her hair.  FYI

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch,   It's me again.  I was just on her website and watched the video.  The woman in the video has shoulder length hair and it worked beautifully on her hair.  FYI

OK, thanks.  I'll take a look.  I'm not terribly concerned about trying it and returning if it doesn't work.  I'm willing to take the risk.