Trusted Contributor

Re: Email re Walmart Beauty Box

On 4/2/2015 mom2m said:

I received my over 35 box in early March. The foil packets, coupons and Lady Gaga perfume sample. Not great. March 17th I received an email that my under 35 shipped with a tracking number that never worked. I emailed them and heard nada. I decided to check the tracking number again and now it's showing it's on it's way. The strange thing is on my over 35 email I used I got a notice that another box has been shipped out. Hmmm? I have to check and see if they have charged me again. This is something that should be so simple. I think wal-mart needs an overhaul of the company handling this. It's a mess. I'll post what I get if and when I ever get them.

I posted on another thread about my experience with this. I cancelled it about 3 weeks ago. My credit card was charged $5 on 3/8 & $5 on 3/17. I never received one box, let alone two. I thought the 2nd charge was supposed to be a credit. I've emailed twice & called once. Have gotten absolutely no response- except an email on 3/31 that my box shipped on 3/30. (Apparently they don't inderstand cancel). And as of right now they still haven't corrected the double-charge. I know Walmart outsources this but I too thought they should know what a mess it's become. I emailed them but got nowhere. They sent me the email & phone # for brand share that I've already contacted with no results.
Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2015 NYC Susan said:
On 4/1/2015 ValuSkr said:

"Walmart" and "Beauty Box" don't go together in my mind. Is it really all that?

No. It is not.

The Fall box was nice - drugstore products, but decent ones, and several were full-sized. And they were things I would (and did) use. There was a Cover Girl lipstick that I actually liked a lot, and a few other pretty useful items. I can't remember now what they were, but it was worth much more than $5. Definitely a good value.

It seems to have gone downhill from there, though. I haven't had a full-sized product since. I got lots of foil packets, giveaway kinds of things, in the Winter box. And the Spring box was a little better, but not worth $5.

It's also sort of unfair the way they do it because some people get a lot of nice things and others get pretty much junk. The under-35's seem to do a bit better, but some of them get shortchanged too. So it's the luck of the draw. Not fun.

CS does not respond to questions or complaints. Worst CS I've ever dealt with. It's not even about the money - It's the feeling of being taken advantage of. I'm sorry I ever signed up.

Thank you, Susan. I guess this is how they get rid of their over-stock.

Contributor

On 4/2/2015 Tribefan said:
On 4/2/2015 mom2m said:

I received my over 35 box in early March. The foil packets, coupons and Lady Gaga perfume sample. Not great. March 17th I received an email that my under 35 shipped with a tracking number that never worked. I emailed them and heard nada. I decided to check the tracking number again and now it's showing it's on it's way. The strange thing is on my over 35 email I used I got a notice that another box has been shipped out. Hmmm? I have to check and see if they have charged me again. This is something that should be so simple. I think wal-mart needs an overhaul of the company handling this. It's a mess. I'll post what I get if and when I ever get them.

I posted on another thread about my experience with this. I cancelled it about 3 weeks ago. My credit card was charged $5 on 3/8 & $5 on 3/17. I never received one box, let alone two. I thought the 2nd charge was supposed to be a credit. I've emailed twice & called once. Have gotten absolutely no response- except an email on 3/31 that my box shipped on 3/30. (Apparently they don't inderstand cancel). And as of right now they still haven't corrected the double-charge. I know Walmart outsources this but I too thought they should know what a mess it's become. I emailed them but got nowhere. They sent me the email & phone # for brand share that I've already contacted with no results.

Cancelling may be my next step. I think I would actually have to change my credit card number. Seem like that's the only way that would work. I just hope wal-mart is paying attention and actually cares. That may be asking too much.

Super Contributor

I just got that email today, and also received the beauty box today! I hope I'm not charged extra either, this one has some of the same items but a couple more, and a coupon for a free Dry Spray Antiperspirant for Dove, Degree or Axe.

Super Contributor

BTW I searched my bank transactions and there were only 3 charges, Sept 2014, Dec 2014 and Mar 2015. Maybe this 2nd Spring box is making up for the first one that everyone was complaining about?

Honored Contributor

Got an email today that I have a second box on the way.
Esteemed Contributor

Ok here is what I got in my alter ego, under 35 box.

Schwartzkopf Essence Ultime Omega Repair&Moisture Shampoo/Conditioner 1.7oz + Coupon for $2 off

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes pack of 7

Dove Nutrium Body Wash 1.8oz

Lady Gaga Fame Perfume sample

Coupon $3 off Schwartzkopf Hair Color

Foil sample Maybelline FIT Me foundation

Pack sample Nivia in Shower Body Lotion

Coupon $2 off Loreal

Coupon $2 off CoverGirl

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Bette, thanks for telling us what you got. Doesn't seem too great either. No updates on my ghost-box so I assume it's still sitting out of state somewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/2/2015 Desi said:

Bette, thanks for telling us what you got. Doesn't seem too great either. No updates on my ghost-box so I assume it's still sitting out of state somewhere.

Yes, it's not fabulous, but I think it's worth the $5. Those sample bottles of Schwartzkopf are, I think $1.48 each at Walmart and I have been wanting to try it. I have a Schwartzkopf color sitting here waiting for me to get around to using it{#emotions_dlg.blush}

I do use cleansing wipes, so I will use those. I usually just use Huggies Natural Care baby wipes, so I will be able to compare.

I like the Gaga fragrance, so I will be ok with that and I will use the body wash..so I feel like I got my moneys worth. Just not wowed over the top.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Bette, glad it's not a total bust!