Honored Contributor

Re: Email from Paula's Choice re eye cream

I've used Paula's products for many years. I checked out the new eye cream, but I didn't see caffeine listed as one of the ingredients. A dermatologist once told me if I ever wanted to use one (although she didn't believe in them) find one with caffeine. MAC's Fast Response had caffeine in it, so I bought that one. When I think about it once in a while, that's the one I use. I really should be more regular about using it now! Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

Reporting back on the Paula's Choice eye cream--

After using it for about a month, have to say I am very happy with it. No bad reactions under my eyes and that is something that seems to happen with many eye creams that I've tried. I typically get scalely skin from the cream and that didn't happen with Paula's. My concealer goes on more smoothly and I prefer the concentrated consistency for the eye cream. The skin under my eye looks less crepey to me since I've been using it. I will buy it again when I run out. 

Regular Contributor

I've been using her eye cream for about a month also.  I like it.  It is very thick, but once it's warmed up a bit, it applies well under the eyes.  I use it in the morning and it works well under my concealer.  I also use it at night.  It is more moisturizing than her other moisturizers.  I had been using the Moisture Boost Hydrating Treatment Cream and I also like that under the eyes, but the new cream is even better.

Trusted Contributor

@TY wrote:

The skin around my eyes is drier than the skin on the rest of my face especially after menopause. I still have a somewhat oily T zone but I notice that the skin below my eyes can look crepey in certain light. I think that's why an undereye concealer for this area has been hard to find.

@TY, I agree with you. Plus, although many people say you don't need a different type of moisturizer for your eyes, all of the best known dermatologists that I've read say that you do because the skin is the thinnist skin on the face and requires a different formulation to sink in and absorb.

You mention dryness and creypiness due to menopause. I have the same issues and I've found that the best moisturizer for my under eye area is Kiehls Creamy Avocado eye cream. I rub it between my fingers then rub it into my under eye area. It changes to almost a water feeling. It does take a little bit of time to absorb, maybe 5 minutes or so before putting on eye makeup and I blot it with a tiissue but I do see a difference when I use it versus when I don't. It's relatively inexpensive at $28 for the small size jar. If you are close to a Nordstroms get a sample and see what you think.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Valued Contributor

Since Paula sold her company I don't have alot of confidence in her products. Prices have gone way up compared to what they were before she sold.

I would hope that she still has imput in the company but it just seems that evrytime a co gets sold  prices go up and  products  aren't as good.

Honored Contributor

Glad to hear so many are liking the new eye cream! I haven't tried it and don't really plan too but glad so many are getting good results.