Frequent Contributor

On the phone call when they said not to use the retinol at all they said that the retinol shortened the Telomeres which Linda Marshall explained on the into to the Todays Special Value.....On the Email they don`t say why and as I said it is slightly different instructions.....so still haven`t decided what to do....to just use the TSV or to use my Dr Denese retinol a couple of nights a week, gseesh its a decision, I wish there had better or more consistant info given

Honored Contributor

@Hazelfaye wrote:

What I said before it was an answer to a phone call I made  to Elysee, so after all this chatter about it , and being curious I tried writing them, and guess what, got a slightly different answer, it seems you can use it but not on the same day as the Fountain of Youth I am copy and pasting the reply

Hi Hazel,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us! The only product that should not be used on the days the you are using retinol is the Fountain of Youth Soothing Line Diminishing Gel or any other Fountain of Youth product. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Thank you -

Myesha Grimes

Customer Service Representative

So I would guess that it  huh

Hazel

That is essentially the same answer you received earlier. I'm still not buying it, though. Again, no fault of yours whatsoever.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Hazelfaye wrote:

On the phone call when they said not to use the retinol at all they said that the retinol shortened the Telomeres which Linda Marshall explained on the into to the Todays Special Value.....On the Email they don`t say why and as I said it is slightly different instructions.....so still haven`t decided what to do....to just use the TSV or to use my Dr Denese retinol a couple of nights a week, gseesh its a decision, I wish there had better or more consistant info given

I didn't see this last post of yours before I commented. I think there might be some confusion. :-)

In your original post about this issue, you only mentioned not to use retinol with Matrixyl. But here, you're receiving information about Telomeres. Perhaps her Matrixyl contains Telomeres? I don't use her products, so I haveno clue. I'm just speculating that they are cautioning you against using retinol and her Matrixyl serum not because of Matrixyl but because of the Telomeres.

And I have absolutely no knowledge of what is not compatible with Telomeres -- so no opinion there.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Several years ago I used Elysee almost exclusively..  I'm guessing for approximately 5 years.  Linda Marshall was always eager to help with any questions.  Her passion for Elysee was quite evident.  While the products didn't do much for me, at the time I was intrigued by the science-based ingredient decks. Other skin care companies weren't delving into the true nuts and bolts of what set their products apart.

Linda and her team were hands-on without pushing extra products.  They seemed very genuine, knowledgeable & helpful.

Having nothing to do with Elysee, has anyone used dermarolling with any success?

Sending a High-Five to @suzyQ3.  Long-time-no-see my lovely!

Frequent Contributor

I just can't get past the odd feelings I get when I watch Linda Marshall selling Elysee. I don't think she's on the up and up. She contradicts herself quite often. That's just my opinion, though. I'm genuinely happy for anyone and everyone who buys Elysee and experiences improvement with their products. I agree that the particular products included in the Elysee Today's Special do have many positive reviews on HSN. So much so that I actually considered purchasing the Elysee TS, but I couldn't get past my awkward feelings towards the brand. Plus, I'm a total skincare junkie and have more lotions and potions than I know what to do with. So, I stopped myself from buying it.

The plethora of beauty, skincare and make-up brands "out there" afford us all the opportunity to buy and try what we'd like and avoid what we feel skeptical about. Plus, I'm a firm believer that everyone's body chemistry is different. A skincare product that works for one person may give another person hives. Luckily, again, there are enough brands available that we can try and try until we find what works for us. Kudos to anyone and everyone who has found success with Elysee. 

Frequent Contributor

I don't think Linda Marshall looks fake either. I do question, though, whether or not she ever had plastic surgery. She has said she's never had plastic surgery, but a few reviewers on HSN have stated that once during an Elysee presentation she slipped up and confessed to having had plastic surgery. I don't care if she's had plastic surgery or not, but if she's had plastic surgery, she shouldn't afford her current appearance to only using Elysee products. 

I too noticed her hands and felt very bad. 

Trusted Contributor

@Krissy_1968  Really?  Better than Vitamin C?  I'm almost out of my Vitamin C Serum.  Now you have me wondering if I should try this?  

Yes @JeanLouiseFinch her chart showed the pycnogenol at 90 some percent effective against free radicals, vitamin c was like less than 10 as was vitamin e...I ordered the TTV so I will let you know how I like it (or not LOL) if not...I may send it your way since everyone's skin takes skncare differently...it was a good price for the trio to try her serums...like I said previously, I tried her youthspan eye cream with the concealer and it burned and made my eyes water something fierce...I use the cream now in other areas of my face away from my eyes to use it up...I will report my findings when it comes and I use it for a good week or 2 Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

I have been using Isomers and perricone for yrs now....Thought i would give this TSV a try because i was not happy how my skin was looking...Got it a week ago and have to say i am very pleased at what i see in just a week...My pores are smaller and skin is firmer/smoother especially under eyes...I dont know  for sure which product is doing it but my guess might be the orange one..Will continue using and i am adding the Isomers Glutathione and a Isomers moisturizer..Very happy i bought this on A/D.

Respected Contributor

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

I have finally bit on this Elysee serum trio TSV...have seen presentations many times but decided tonight was the night...@Gokat do you use these? I am interested if so...otherwise...always trying something new looking for that elusive "fountain of youth" LOL we shall see how it goes...I promised myself if I see no visible diference in 15 days, it goes back....tired of products suckering me in and I wait too long to send back...this will be the first! *promises self* LOLWoman LOL

Regardless of claims, no skincare is going to show dramatic results in 15 days. On my anyway some take up to 6 months so you really have to be patient. Giving 30 days money back guarantee is nice but most won't show or see results in 30 days but will over time like most good skin care products, takes time and faithful use twice a day. JMO but is how it works for me, any skincare line.

She does have a lot of celebrities that use nothing else.

Respected Contributor
Bumping this up for someone who had questions about Elysee skin care products. 😍