Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

@porcelain wrote:

This is a fabulous brand. I highly recommend it. What I like best is that most of the products can be used on and around the eyelid area as well as the rest of the face. My eye area is my weakest zone, plus my eyes get all weepy and watery when I use most antiaging products near them, even eye-specific ones. Not a problem with Elysee.

Here's what I use and recommend from Elysee:

• The blue (Fountain of Youth) and brown/red (Firmance Pycnogenol) serums included in the special value deal
  • Liposomal serum and cream
  • Eye roll on serum

The only product on my list that I can't tolerate directly on my eyelids is the Fountain of Youth blue serum. But that one works great on forehead expression lines.

I use Skinn, Elysee, and CeraVe. Love love.

Regarding the special value, you'd probably do well to cocktail the blue and redbrown in the morning, one squirt of each in your hand and mix and apply. And then use the Youthspan at night. But none of them are necessarily nightime or daytime only. Moisturizer cream goes on top.

Amen to all of the above.  It has taken some time for me to weed through all of the options Elysee offers but have come to the same conclusions:  the four serums and CeraVe moisturizer.  I let Dimitri talk me into his reset serum but am not sure I won't be duplicating peptides etc I already have in Elysee.  

Thank you for your endorsement.  So many not-so-wse choices in the past have caught up with me.  It's hard to know what to even begin to trust now.  I believe in the science behind Elysee.

@CoG  Some of the peptides might be the same, but IMO, peptides are the bomb!  Also, the Skinn Age Reset Serum has a very expensive complex that Dimitri owns which you will not find in other preparations unless he makes them at his lab for other companies.  And if you do, they will either be in a lesser concentration or the product will be at a much higher price.  Even so, you can layer serums, using your Elysee first and then the Age Reset over them or use one system in the morning and the other at night.

Frequent Contributor

I am very skeptical of the Elysee products for two reasons. One, I've always been skeptical of Linda Marshall. She doesn't seem trustworthy to me for some reason. She rubs me the wrong way. Second, I believe Linda Marshall has lied about not having had plastic surgery and only relying on the Elysee products for her outstanding appearance. If you read some of the reviews of the Elysee products on HSN, you'll find a few reviewers that mention how Linda Marshall slipped up once during an HSN presentation and mistakenly fessed up to having had some sort of plastic surgery. That just doesn't sit well with me because she always claims to have never had work done, using only Elysee products.

Regarding HSN Summer Host Picks...I think that's all a sham too. Many of the premiere beauty lines on HSN were not represented in the Summer Host Picks, such as M. Asam, Serious Skincare, Christie Brinkley and Signature Club A, to name a few. How many times have you heard many of those hosts comment on using those lines of skincare? And really, the HSN viewing public is supposed to believe Wei left her "Wei-cation" in China with her family for an HSN Summer Host pick?!?! Those Summer Host Picks were not actually Host Picks, in my opinion, but rather a contractual agreement between the vendor and HSN. Also, the Elysee Summer Host Picks conveniently coincided with their 15th Anniversary presentations. I just don't buy any of it!

Honored Contributor

@cyw_3825 wrote:

I am very skeptical of the Elysee products for two reasons. One, I've always been skeptical of Linda Marshall. She doesn't seem trustworthy to me for some reason. She rubs me the wrong way. Second, I believe Linda Marshall has lied about not having had plastic surgery and only relying on the Elysee products for her outstanding appearance. If you read some of the reviews of the Elysee products on HSN, you'll find a few reviewers that mention how Linda Marshall slipped up once during an HSN presentation and mistakenly fessed up to having had some sort of plastic surgery. That just doesn't sit well with me because she always claims to have never had work done, using only Elysee products.

Regarding HSN Summer Host Picks...I think that's all a sham too. Many of the premiere beauty lines on HSN were not represented in the Summer Host Picks, such as M. Asam, Serious Skincare, Christie Brinkley and Signature Club A, to name a few. How many times have you heard many of those hosts comment on using those lines of skincare? And really, the HSN viewing public is supposed to believe Wei left her "Wei-cation" in China with her family for an HSN Summer Host pick?!?! Those Summer Host Picks were not actually Host Picks, in my opinion, but rather a contractual agreement between the vendor and HSN. Also, the Elysee Summer Host Picks conveniently coincided with their 15th Anniversary presentations. I just don't buy any of it!

@cyw_3825  I kind of wonder too (and you make a very good point about the other vendors and host picks).  I'll be the first to admit I don't have any experience with Elysee products, but the items in todays TS do get a lot of positive reviews on HSN.  Since I don't know much about the brand, I went to YouTube to see if there were any video reviews.  I found HSN videos there, but was even more surprised to find videos on the sales pitch of the multi-level marketing of Elysee. Then I went to HSN to watch the TS video.  The vendor was on with Amy Morrison and in part of her schpiel, she said the company was not about marketing but about the science of skincare (something to that effect).  It made me go hmmmm.  That doesn't make me doubt her products per se, but it was a messaging conflict for sure.

Honored Contributor

I'm a fangirl of the line so I'm biased. But I don't notice anything more sketchy about Linda Marshall than any other skincare seller. If, as she says, she's been involved in skincare from childhood on (her mom sold it and then Linda sold it), it's entirely possible for her skin to be naturally plump and toned without surgery. I don't think she looks fake, just like a well preserved early 60-something lady. Her poor arthritic hands make me wince in empathy though.

My grandmother, who used only Oil of Olay, looked that good at that age. If you care for yourself (and are blessed with the right genes) you may look way younger and firmer than your peers who don't. It seems to me that the older we get, the more our pasts show on our faces.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@porcelain wrote:

I'm a fangirl of the line so I'm biased. But I don't notice anything more sketchy about Linda Marshall than any other skincare seller. If, as she says, she's been involved in skincare from childhood on (her mom sold it and then Linda sold it), it's entirely possible for her skin to be naturally plump and toned without surgery. I don't think she looks fake, just like a well preserved early 60-something lady. Her poor arthritic hands make me wince in empathy though.

My grandmother, who used only Oil of Olay, looked that good at that age. If you care for yourself (and are blessed with the right genes) you may look way younger and firmer than your peers who don't. It seems to me that the older we get, the more our pasts show on our faces.

@Porcelain  Which products do you use and what have they done for you?

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch Here's what I wrote earlier:

"Here's what I use and recommend from Elysee:

• The blue (Fountain of Youth) and brown/red (Firmance Pycnogenol) serums included in the special value deal
  • Eye roll on serum"

What they've done for me is:

• Eyebrows are higher
  • Eyelids are firmer and less hooded
  • Structural undereye circles are much better - not totally gone (same result I got with Skinn Hylighten)
  • No long-term forehead wrinkles - which totally surprised me
  • Small glycation age spots near my eyes are almost gone
  • All over skin tone is firmer
  • Pores are tiny, yet I'm totally moisturized and plump
  • I've received compliments on my complexion

The last three results in the list are probably partly due to Elysee and partly due to Skinn Deep Wrinkle Protocol. Elysee products I tried and found not worth continuing were the Optimox and the Compencatrice moisturizers. Nothing wrong with them, just not impactful enough to use as a main moisturizer.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@cyw_3825 wrote:

Regarding HSN Summer Host Picks...I think that's all a sham too. Many of the premiere beauty lines on HSN were not represented in the Summer Host Picks, such as M. Asam, Serious Skincare, Christie Brinkley and Signature Club A, to name a few. How many times have you heard many of those hosts comment on using those lines of skincare? And really, the HSN viewing public is supposed to believe Wei left her "Wei-cation" in China with her family for an HSN Summer Host pick?!?! Those Summer Host Picks were not actually Host Picks, in my opinion, but rather a contractual agreement between the vendor and HSN. Also, the Elysee Summer Host Picks conveniently coincided with their 15th Anniversary presentations. I just don't buy any of it!I

I think it is possible that Linda Marshall did not have any surgery.  Even if one has surgery, you still have to take care of your skin anyway.

As to the "host picks," I have my doubts too.  I think it is all planned out like any other show.  I don't think the hosts pick much anything.  Any more than I believe hosts "get" more flex pay for something!

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@CoG wrote:

@porcelain wrote:

This is a fabulous brand. I highly recommend it. What I like best is that most of the products can be used on and around the eyelid area as well as the rest of the face. My eye area is my weakest zone, plus my eyes get all weepy and watery when I use most antiaging products near them, even eye-specific ones. Not a problem with Elysee.

• Eye roll on serum

The only product on my list that I can't tolerate directly on my eyelids is the Fountain of Youth blue serum. But that one works great on forehead expression lines.

Regarding the special value, you'd probably do well to cocktail the blue and redbrown in the morning, one squirt of each in your hand and mix and apply. And then use the Youthspan at night. But none of them are necessarily nightime or daytime only. Moisturizer cream goes on top.

Amen to all of the above.  It has taken some time for me to weed through all of the options Elysee offers but have come to the same conclusions:  the four serums and CeraVe moisturizer.  I let Dimitri talk me into his reset serum but am not sure I won't be duplicating peptides etc I already have in Elysee.  

Thank you for your endorsement.  So many not-so-wse choices in the past have caught up with me.  It's hard to know what to even begin to trust now.  I believe in the science behind Elysee.

@CoG  Some of the peptides might be the same, but IMO, peptides are the bomb!  Also, the Skinn Age Reset Serum has a very expensive complex that Dimitri owns which you will not find in other preparations unless he makes them at his lab for other companies.  And if you do, they will either be in a lesser concentration or the product will be at a much higher price.  Even so, you can layer serums, using your Elysee first and then the Age Reset over them or use one system in the morning and the other at night.

I believe in her FOY serum it is Matrixyl and Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 (argireline) the pycnogenol is her anti oxidant(she says it is way better than vit c/e/etc)  and the other one for nighttime I missed the active ingredients...none of them contain the HGH factors that D uses in Age Reset, or even what he uses in his CR line (he uses matrixyl 3000,synthe 6 and Snap 8) plus some other peptides...it was for this lack of overlappig peptides that I ordered the TSV to try out...

Honored Contributor

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@CoG wrote:

@porcelain wrote:

• Eye roll on serum

I believe in her FOY serum it is Matrixyl and Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 (argireline) the pycnogenol is her anti oxidant(she says it is way better than vit c/e/etc)  and the other one for nighttime I missed the active ingredients...none of them contain the HGH factors that D uses in Age Reset, or even what he uses in his CR line (he uses matrixyl 3000,synthe 6 and Snap 8) plus some other peptides...it was for this lack of overlappig peptides that I ordered the TSV to try out...

@Krissy_1968  Really?  Better than Vitamin C?  I'm almost out of my Vitamin C Serum.  Now you have me wondering if I should try this?  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  she has multi level marketing now? LIke people can sell her products and make money selling them?  Really? I had no idea, that's sorta turning me away from the brand, I ran out of the blue and the gold serums about 3 months ago and haven't been using it, thought about getting the TSV but for 70.00 plus shipping and tax I am just not so sure now...