Trusted Contributor

Elysee Brighten and Firm Eye Duo

Elysee products were just on HSN.  Was wondering about this Eye Duo..

Elysee Brighten and Firm Eye Duo Includes:

• .5 oz. YouthSpan Micro-Firm Eye Cream
  • .25 oz. On Camera Special Treatment Concealer

No matter what concealer I  use it looks like a mess under my eyes.  Just wondering if anyone has used this and how it is, also the eye cream.  I have never tried her products before...

Honored Contributor

Re: Elysee Brighten and Firm Eye Duo

@MrsCat21 wrote:

Elysee products were just on HSN.  Was wondering about this Eye Duo..

Elysee Brighten and Firm Eye Duo Includes:

• .5 oz. YouthSpan Micro-Firm Eye Cream
  • .25 oz. On Camera Special Treatment Concealer

No matter what concealer I  use it looks like a mess under my eyes.  Just wondering if anyone has used this and how it is, also the eye cream.  I have never tried her products before...

@MrsCat21  I use a couple of the Elysee serums and like them.  I think with this set that the cream is a key part of the system unless you have an acutal undereye treatment that's working for you.  I tried the concealer before without treating the undereye area and it can settle in the fine lines and cross-hatching.  It looked much better after using my eye treatment.  The nice thing about the concealer is that it's not real thick and gloppy like Bye Bye Undereye.  It's a thinner consistency and blends in well with a tapping motion and ends with a matte finish, but isn't dry. The medium is not dark as it appears online or on tv.  It's a good color for me.  The light would look more brightening.

Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21. I bought  this duo a long time ago. I do not care for the concealer at all.... and the eye cream is nothing special.  I would suggest Bye Bye Undereye by IT cosmetics for a great concealer.   Much better.  I am still searching for the best eye cream.....

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the Duo, but did not like the reviews so I canceled. I read the reviews from low to high, and there were lots of negatives. I'm so tired of eye treatments and concealers making promises that never are true.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Elysee, but I don't use this particular set. For my eye area I use her Eternal Youth roll on eye serum--it has all the major ingredients you would want in an eye product for circles or puffiness. It's very similar to Skinn's Hylighten.

Then with this brand, you can also use just about any face cream or serum around your eye area. So if discoloration is your issue there, you can use the Luminacai on your eye area. Or for firmness, you use Collaboost. Or moisturization you use Compencatrice. Mix and match as needed. It's awesome and convenient.

Edited to add:

For concealer, I use Bye Bye Under Eye. Just a tiny bit. But I don't usually need it these days because I've improved my circles a lot. Laura Geller Balance and Brighten is plenty.

Another tip for circles is to finish your undereye makeup with a finishing product like Mally's Poreless Face Defender (or Skinn's). It flattens highlights and shadows, so it diminishes the look of any hollowness or circles without adding more color.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

Like @JeanLouiseFinch I like Elysee's Pycnogenol and FOY serums...I use them in the morning...I purchased this kit a long time ago...maybe a year or more...that eye cream BURNS and made my eyes water (and I only used a little under the eyes) I have never had an eye cream do that before or since...

I would say DO NOT use it on your lids...the concealer is nothing special and it didn't help with my fine lines or slight cross hatch lines under my eyes...In my book, it was a MISS but YMMV HTH's

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have to agree, Elysee has some fantastic products. underrated line but very effective. All products made here. I buy whenever she has a TS but it is not that frequent, maybe once a yr. 

Haven't tried the concealer. I am not crazy about the eyecream. But I am a serum gal, so that's on me.  The eye serum in rollerball is good.

Super Contributor

I use the eye cream, i layer it over the gel. i wish she would put these in pump dispenser, especially the gel! I think my eye area looks great but at 66 I need glasses. lol. I don't use concealor so cannot say good or bad, I gave it to my niece.

I posted before about Elysee being a long term committment. You get results gradually and they results build as you continue. 

I do think an eye gel for a younger person is the way to go.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Ladies!!  My problem is the lines under my eyes and Isomers doesnt seem to be working for me anymore.  And I am now getting this little swollen like bubble that comes and goes under my eye.  When I stop using products for a few days it seems go go away then it comes back.  Puffiness or dark circles are not a problem.  Would like a brightner (was going to get a lighter shade) not so much a concealer.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't see results with the eye cream.  I do like the 2 serums and the Optim X cream - very good - and smells divine.  Not offensive at all.  I may try the eye gel on the next visit.  I almost caved a couple times yesterday on some of those kits which were great buys.  Who knows, I may still pick up that Fab 5 Smiley LOL