Valued Contributor

Re: Elta MD sunscreen

[ Edited ]

I use EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 and love it!  I don't have acne-prone skin, but every other brand of sunscreen I've tried has made me break out.  It does cost more than others, but you can definitely shop around to get a good price  It's worth it to me to not have breakouts - especially when I've never struggled with them before.

Honored Contributor

Be careful because some of the Elta MD's have chemical sunscreens too. I like a few of them but my favorite is the Elta MD pure spf 47.

Trusted Contributor

@rnmom,

I haven't used Elta MD sunscreen so I can't compare it to a couple of other products that I use that have physical sunscreens in them.

I purchased both at Ulta:

1.  Exuviance Sheer Daily Protector, spf 50,Titanium dioxide 7.0%, Zinc oxide 6.0% .  This has a light beige tint and works pretty well with my neutral light-medium skin tone but might be too light for those with medium to dark skin tones.  Not greasy at all and may be too drying for those with very dry skin but great for those with oily skin or an oily t-zone.

2.  Peter Thomas Roth CC cream, spf 30, Titanium dioxide 10.26%, Zinc oxide 5.76% .  I use the Light shade around my eyes and the Medium Light shade for the rest of my face and is also available on QVC in a few shades.  This has a slight luminous finish but is not greasy.  If I'm not in the mood for the luminous finish, I've used Laura Geller Mattifying Spackle primer underneath it with great success.

Both products work well under a powder foundation, too.

Frequent Contributor

Hi!  I use it and love it.  Try the big box store (Cos...).  They sell a 2 pack with free shipping.  Works as a great primer too.

Valued Contributor

@fezmydoodle wrote:

Hi!  I use it and love it.  Try the big box store (Cos...).  They sell a 2 pack with free shipping.  Works as a great primer too.

Thanks for the "heads up"!  I always forget about Costco! 

Trusted Contributor

My favorite sunscreen for my face is DHC's White Sunscreen.  It is a physical sunscreen that isn't greasy and doesn't mess up my makeup.  You can find it on dhccare (dot) com.  It will go on sale this June or July.  I can't remember which month.  This is when I buy enough for a year.

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

@Jen44 wrote:

@fezmydoodle wrote:

Thanks for the "heads up"!  I always forget about Costco! 

Just an fyi, the only one I see they sell at Costco is the UV Clear one which contains a chemical sunscreen as well. I know many are looking for physical sunscreens only.