Frequent Contributor

nic76,

I had to google but I found an archived description from when this model was available on QVC and it does state that the cartridge contains 120,000 pulses. I copied below:

Why is it different: Iluminage Touch is an easy-to-use, at-home hair removal device that uses a breakthrough patented hair removal technology called Elos, a proprietary combination of IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) and RF (Radio Frequency) to deliver the effective removal of unwanted hair for all skin tones (I-VI). The Touch cartridge contains 120,000 pulses.

Blue

Frequent Contributor

I was loving my Elos and was in the middle of my 6th treatment and the base exploded. I didn't have a fire or scorching although I expected it.

I was able to return it but QVC didn't have any more in stock. As soon as it becomes available I will reorder it but I am disappointed that I will have to start the 7 week cycle all over again. I will say that I do notice a difference in hair growth as it is now very minimal but not yet 100%.

Until the explosion I was very happy with the product.

Honored Contributor

Is it quick?? The only thing I do not like about the Tria is that it takes forever to do an area!!

Esteemed Contributor
On 5/3/2014 Jacie said:

Blue,

I am on my second week of using the Elos Illuminage from the TSV. So far so good, I have noticed an immediate change on my chin and bikini area, my legs will take longer I think. After only two treatments I feel like this is already a deal! With 5 more treatments I feel like I am really going to be hair free. I also have had a NoNo for years, which works, but I have zapped and left a burn with it so I quit using it. The Elos is truly pain free. Mechanically it was super simple and worked beautifully right from the box. For the price you should try for a replacement. I am loving mine and feel like it has been a great investment. Good Luck!

I may have to try this. I am looking for something that works on the bikini area. Laser is too expensive & waxing too painful. The NoNo doesn't get good reviews.

Frequent Contributor
On 5/30/2014 HappyDaze said:

Is it quick?? The only thing I do not like about the Tria is that it takes forever to do an area!!

It is not as quick as they say to do your legs, you have to go over each area three times, but I can do my legs panty lines to feet and my face in just about an hour, maybe a little less.

Compared to the Tria, which I also own, that is super fast. I never even tried to do a whole leg with it. The pain and one tiny dot at a time, I can't even imagine!

Blue

Honored Contributor
On 5/30/2014 BlueBirdSky said:
On 5/30/2014 HappyDaze said:

It is not as quick as they say to do your legs, you have to go over each area three times, but I can do my legs panty lines to feet and my face in just about an hour, maybe a little less.

Compared to the Tria, which I also own, that is super fast. I never even tried to do a whole leg with it. The pain and one tiny dot at a time, I can't even imagine!

Blue

Thank you so much! I don't really have much pain (I have it on level 4 of 5) with the Tria, just uncomfortable at times, in certain areas, but that is good to hear this has none of it and quicker.

Super Contributor
On 5/30/2014 BlueBirdSky said:

MarenSeattle,

I have some dark hair on my chin and corners of my mouth but alot of practically white blonde "peach fuzz" everywhere else. I'm hairy. Ugh.

I read that it didn't work as well on blonde hair but that the solution to that was to wax or epilate then use the Elos so it focuses its pulse more directly on the hair follicle. I used an epliator prior to the Elos on my upper lip and chin anyway, so I tried it the first time after epilating but the last two uses I just lightly dry shaved the peach fuzz (which was already thinner) and didn't do anything to the upper lip. It seems to be working fine for me.

I purchased a Tria a couple of years ago, only ever used on my face. It would take FOREVER to do a large area and I am not that patient. It hurt like heck and worked only so/so. I'm actually thinking about selling it. Some people seem to love it.

I wonder if you can order from the Elos website? I know Tria offered a payment plan like easy pay on their website, maybe Elos does as well.

Blue

BTW the Elos truly does not hurt AT ALL.

Thanks for the review -- I've never paid attention to the laser hair removers because they only addressed dark hair. Like you, I'm awash in white peach fuzz! I'll check out their website (alhough I think my next big bucks purchase will have to be a Hair Max. Smiley Happy

Not applicable

I am wondering if this is working. I have used it for about 5 weeks now. Did the first month at the low setting because I have sensitive skin and am very fair. Last week I put it on medium and then the next day I seemed to have flesh colored bumps all over my arms and legs. I'm not dark and I'm not blonde. What about brown hair?

I think I see a decrease in growth of the hair on my arms and face but not really on my legs. I am still shaving the same amount of times in between. I have 30 more days before I can't return it, but the bumps have me worried. Anyone else have this issue?

Frequent Contributor

I had the original model where you had to switch the cartridges. It seemed to work, at first, but it really wasn't as I still had to shave before using it. Once I stopped, all the hair grew back. I sent mine back and got a refund!

Frequent Contributor

Another update since some have shown interest in my progress with the Elos.

I just finished my 4th treatment. I did shave before hand, but I am noticing SIGNIFICANT loss of hair on my legs. I have always been one of those women who even with a smooth shave would have dark dots under the skin within hours. I am thrilled. Beyond thrilled really. Even if this gets me to shaving once a week I would be happy because before I would have to shave twice a day if I was going out in the evening. However, I honestly believe that with a few monthly maintenance treatments for a while after the 7 treatment protocol I will be hair free permanently. I can already go at least 3 if not 4 days before there is enough hair I feel I can't wear crops or a skirt. And what hair does grow is thin and soft and sparse.

As for my face I can see a great difference in the dark hairs that offend the chin and sides of my upper lip, and under the chin. The blonde remainder of the "stache" and the peach fuzz on the sides is lighter but not nearly as noticably lighter as my legs. I feel that is my fault for not following directions properly. For light hair they reccommend waxing or epilating first. I did that the first time but then I did not for treatments 2 and 3. Today I epilated first. I feel if I had been following the directions I would have better results there, so I may have to do a few more treatments on my face to get completely hair free.

For those that had machines that came from QVC that were defective I wish you had returned for a new one to the manufacturer instead of QVC since they are sold out. As I stated before the customer service was A-1.

Still very, very happy with this purchase. Going to put my barely used Tria in a yard sale next Saturday. :-)

Blue