Frequent Contributor

I received my Elos this week and just tried to use it this morning and.... NOTHING! It will not pulse at all. I have followed all the instructions, looked at the trouble shooting page. I can not figure it out.

Has anyone else gotten theirs? How is it working? Is there a trick? I wonder if I just got a dud.

I really want this product, and I really want it to work. I could use some feedback from someone who has ordered and is using theirs. No offense but not someone who just read reviews. I know it doesn't work on blonde or red hair, etc. My hair is dark. I just need to figure out if I got a lemon and need to exchange it or if I am doing something wrong. Also if anyone else got a lemon, maybe there was a bad batch?

Thanks,

Blue

Super Contributor

Elos Customer Service would be your best bet if no one here has experienced that particular problem. Good luck!

Frequent Contributor

I tried Elos customer service, closed on weekends.{#emotions_dlg.glare} It will be hard to call from work but i may try before trying to exchange at the Q.

Anyone else using Elos?

Blue

Respected Contributor

Blue,

I am on my second week of using the Elos Illuminage from the TSV. So far so good, I have noticed an immediate change on my chin and bikini area, my legs will take longer I think. After only two treatments I feel like this is already a deal! With 5 more treatments I feel like I am really going to be hair free. I also have had a NoNo for years, which works, but I have zapped and left a burn with it so I quit using it. The Elos is truly pain free. Mechanically it was super simple and worked beautifully right from the box. For the price you should try for a replacement. I am loving mine and feel like it has been a great investment. Good Luck!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Not applicable
I ordered this Illuminage system when it was a TSV hosted by Lisa Robertson. I remember the selling point that sold me, and it was the fact that this model offered an outrageous amount of pulses. So much so that you probably won't have to purchase another cartridge for years to come. That's when I picked up the phone and ordered it. However, the listing online does not reflect that information. My question is "Was that selling point a fact?". I need to know if I will need to be prepared to purchase additional cartridges soon. The product has worked fabulously thus far, and I haven't had any of the issues stated by other customers. However, I do it want to have things start to occur and have to buy cartridges, just to have the unit not work effectively anymore and not be able to return it for a refund. It's quite expensive and an investment, which is why I need to be reassured that should something go wrong within the first year, I will get my money back. I would be really disappointed if the number of availale pulses was misrepresented in any way.
Frequent Contributor

I meant to update a lot sooner but I did contact Elos customer service and they were awesome. Seriously, the exchange for a working model could not have been easier, I paid no shipping costs, it was fast and friendly. High marks to Elos customer service!!!

Now that I have it back I have just used it for the third time. I honestly feel like after two times I could tell a significant difference. I can't wait to see what 7 treatments will accomplish! So far I am only doing my face and my legs. I will say it takes me about an hour to do face and legs, not 10 minutes for legs like advertised, but I don't mind. I intend to do bikini line as well but I want to finish legs and face first. That is only because I have a hang up about using on my bikini area then putting it on my face. {#emotions_dlg.blush} Yes, I know I can clean it off but I have hangups about sanitary issues, even if I logically know I'm being silly.

I tried to go to the item from my order listing on my account because I wanted to read others reviews and see if anyone had discovered tips, etc. It won't pull up though because it is sold out.

So, if you have a review you'd like to share I'd love to hear your opinions. I hope everyone is having success!

Blue

Trusted Contributor
On 5/10/2014 nic76 said: I ordered this Illuminage system when it was a TSV hosted by Lisa Robertson. I remember the selling point that sold me, and it was the fact that this model offered an outrageous amount of pulses. So much so that you probably won't have to purchase another cartridge for years to come. That's when I picked up the phone and ordered it. However, the listing online does not reflect that information. My question is "Was that selling point a fact?". I need to know if I will need to be prepared to purchase additional cartridges soon. The product has worked fabulously thus far, and I haven't had any of the issues stated by other customers. However, I do it want to have things start to occur and have to buy cartridges, just to have the unit not work effectively anymore and not be able to return it for a refund. It's quite expensive and an investment, which is why I need to be reassured that should something go wrong within the first year, I will get my money back. I would be really disappointed if the number of availale pulses was misrepresented in any way.

I would call their CS line and inquire there regarding exactly how many pulses are to be expected with the specific model you purchased. I would not tell them up front what was pitched on QVC until after they have told you what to expect from your model.

If they differ drastically then you may have to decide how you want to handle it, if it is that important of an issue to you. Since pulses are how these units function, it does seem like an important issue for anyone buying or owning one.

Good luck and hope you learn that their Rep was not exaggerating at all when she was selling it here on QVC~

Super Contributor
On 5/30/2014 BlueBirdSky said:

I meant to update a lot sooner but I did contact Elos customer service and they were awesome. Seriously, the exchange for a working model could not have been easier, I paid no shipping costs, it was fast and friendly. High marks to Elos customer service!!!

Now that I have it back I have just used it for the third time. I honestly feel like after two times I could tell a significant difference. I can't wait to see what 7 treatments will accomplish! So far I am only doing my face and my legs. I will say it takes me about an hour to do face and legs, not 10 minutes for legs like advertised, but I don't mind. I intend to do bikini line as well but I want to finish legs and face first. That is only because I have a hang up about using on my bikini area then putting it on my face. {#emotions_dlg.blush} Yes, I know I can clean it off but I have hangups about sanitary issues, even if I logically know I'm being silly.

I tried to go to the item from my order listing on my account because I wanted to read others reviews and see if anyone had discovered tips, etc. It won't pull up though because it is sold out.

So, if you have a review you'd like to share I'd love to hear your opinions. I hope everyone is having success!

Blue

Pleased to hear that! And please review the results as you continue -- I was interested in it because it addresses light colored hair, but the Q currently isn't carrying it.

Is your facial hair light?>

Hope you have contiued good results!

Frequent Contributor

MarenSeattle,

I have some dark hair on my chin and corners of my mouth but alot of practically white blonde "peach fuzz" everywhere else. I'm hairy. Ugh.

I read that it didn't work as well on blonde hair but that the solution to that was to wax or epilate then use the Elos so it focuses its pulse more directly on the hair follicle. I used an epliator prior to the Elos on my upper lip and chin anyway, so I tried it the first time after epilating but the last two uses I just lightly dry shaved the peach fuzz (which was already thinner) and didn't do anything to the upper lip. It seems to be working fine for me.

I purchased a Tria a couple of years ago, only ever used on my face. It would take FOREVER to do a large area and I am not that patient. It hurt like heck and worked only so/so. I'm actually thinking about selling it. Some people seem to love it.

I wonder if you can order from the Elos website? I know Tria offered a payment plan like easy pay on their website, maybe Elos does as well.

Blue

BTW the Elos truly does not hurt AT ALL.

Regular Contributor
I bought this tsv and i absolutely love it! I have used other hair removal devices and nothing compares to this. I havee dark course hair (especially on legs) and used to have to shave every day. At the end of the day you could see black dots o f the hair follicles. My legs are about 75% hair free now!!!! I really can't believe I actually found something that works. I have also used it on my arms - almost all hair gone there as well. I just started using it on my face (was using another product) so I'm hoping to get the same great results. This was a terrific buy for me!