Trusted Contributor

Elizabeth Grant...really???

[ Edited ]

I've deleted my post, by my own doing. I have to say,  I was a bit shocked, then miffed when Shawn carefully described the timeline of Elizabeth's injury. Not at all what had been said many times in the past. I'm guessing QVC knew of the story and made sure Shawn told it as they wanted. That, and the years of "Susan" -who was really Marion, etc.,

again, as I previously stated; I'm not doubting Elizabeth's injury, and I'm impressed with her knowledge, dedication to her line, and her enthusiasim, zest for life.

I do wish her the best, though my post may not have conveyed that very much.

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Grant...really???

The story is ridiculous.  Baloney.  Don't believe a word of it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Huh?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I don't know the bomb story, and I'm not watching TV right now, but I do know that unexploded bombs and other ordnance from WW II are still being found in the UK.

Respected Contributor

I am totally confused what with Susan,Elizabeth, Margot, Marion I did watch some of the show but now wondering what I have been watching!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's probably old segments on YOUTUBE from shopnbc and Evine days, maybe even shophq.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted, but it still gets to me the lengths they went to telling  "Susan's" story. And saying a V2 bomb during WWll caused the damage???

I'm not trying to tell anyone not to try the line, or discontinue it.....just sounding off my big, frustrated mouth.

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

I have no idea who Elizabeth Grant is, much less this 'story'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I never doubted her story about being injured from a bomb during WWII.  There were a lot of bombs and a lot of deaths and injuries.  Why would she lie about that?  If she did you would think it would have come out a lot sooner and not on "chat" forum.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

@skittles2 I am so confused. Who is Susan? I watched the entire presentation and I must say that Shawn talks too much and did not give the actual products any love. We get that she wants to meet Elizabeth Grant. I have used EG products for years and feel their Caviar line is especially good for mature dry skin, that was not mentioned one time during the presentation. Sorry EG got off to a somewhat rocky start at Q.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not 100% sure, but I think Marion Witz, Eliz's DIL used to go by the name Susan and may have been the spokesperson for the line years ago when it was on Shop At Home. Then when it moved to SHQ, granddaughter, Margot took over. 

BTW, Eliz'a son Paul, passed away a while ago. Witz is the actual family name.