Honored Contributor

Elizabeth Arden lipsticks review

I received the five EA lipsticks that I had ordered from Lord and Taylor. A couple were on sale already at half price, plus their F&F sale is 15 percent off.  Both are still going on.

EA has two lines of bullet lipstick. I bought two of the Ceramide Ultra lipsticks and three of the Beautiful Color Moisturizing lipsticks.

In the Ceramide line, I purchased Rose Aurora and Watermelon:

Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lipstick, Watermelon

In the Beautiful Color Moisturizing line, I purchased Blush Glow, Breathless, and Iced Grape:

Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick 24 Blush Glow

Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick, Breathless, .12 oz

Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick - Iced Grape

I like them all, but I favor the Beautiful Color Moisturizing formula just a bit more. I think that they aare more moisturizing, but the ceramide formula is still quite good.

All the colors are super nice and very wearable. Breathless would be pretty on just about every skin tone. Iced Grape is an easy-to-wear cool tone. Blush Glow was my least favorite -- sort of blah.

Rose Aurora is a bit too light and shimmery but would work well to tone down a dark lipstick. Watermelon is not as bright as it looks; it really does look like the color of watermelon.

I don't detect a flavor of scent. Excellent quality, especially at a sale price.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Arden lipsticks review

@suzyQ3  Thanks for the review.  I have enough lipstick to last all next year and beyond, honestly.  I am sure I will purchase something new next year but right now, I am okay.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Those certainly are beautiful shades!

The only EA I ever got was a lip liner with a brush on the end. I use that brush every day. I never tried any lipsticks, though. I just ordered from Dior, but next time 'round....

TY for the review!

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 Thanks for you rreview! I really like Elizabeth Arden lippies, and have purchased the color Amethyst several times......My friend just gave me 6 lippies-never used that she had and will never wear by Lancome and Estee Lauder, so I think I am also set for a while, even though lipsticks are my makeup weakness! Enjoy your new lippies!!!! 

Honored Contributor

I should mention that I was concerned that they would be heavy and very opaque. I don't know why. Maybe because the brand name conjures up an older style of makeup. But this was so not the case.

The lipsticks, especially the Beautiful Color Moisturizing ones and especially the shades I prefer, are not heavy at all. A first coat over lip balm, in fact, is rather sheer, but you can build them up.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the review, @suzyQ3. I didn't know Elizabeth Arden made ceramide lipsticks. That really intrigues me. For lipstick, which is generally not heavy on treatment actives, the ingredients are very interesting: ceramides and Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, aka Volulip. They're lowish in the deck but not at the very bottom. From what you saw at the counter, would you say they are all light in tone? I opt for a medium mauve or dusty rose most of the time. Many lipsticks trend too brown or light for me. On screen, the Rose Aurora looks like a color I would go for, but you indicate it is light on you. Hmmmm. Guess maybe an actual visit to a real live makeup counter is in order.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@porcelain wrote:

Thanks for the review, @suzyQ3. I didn't know Elizabeth Arden made ceramide lipsticks. That really intrigues me. For lipstick, which is generally not heavy on treatment actives, the ingredients are very interesting: ceramides and Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, aka Volulip. They're lowish in the deck but not at the very bottom. From what you saw at the counter, would you say they are all light in tone? I opt for a medium mauve or dusty rose most of the time. Many lipsticks trend too brown or light for me. On screen, the Rose Aurora looks like a color I would go for, but you indicate it is light on you. Hmmmm. Guess maybe an actual visit to a real live makeup counter is in order.

@Porcelain, okay so just for you, I have the five swatches on my arm. :-)

I didn't see them in person; I bought blind because of the prices on Lord & Taylor's site. I did research the shades, though, and I think I made pretty good choices.

Yes, the pic of Rose Aurora does not translate to my arm. It is very light and very shimmery. That's great for some but not for others. I can wear it, but I don't think it's the most flattering on my quickly aging lips.

EA offers an array of shades. I bypassed the dark ones, though, I prefer medium shades in pink, berry, or rose. I think Breathless is the most universal. It's a very, very nice shade. I also like Iced Grape. It's a bit darker and might possibly go a bit brown on some lips.Watermelon is a beautiful, brighter color.

HTH. It's the best I can do. :-)

Honored Contributor

Wow a personalized arm swatching! Thank you @suzyQ3 ! Now I owe you one.

Even though you clearly said you ordered your lipsticks, I still somehow thought you had seen all the colors in the store.

I don't do light shimmers either. Translates as just pale on me. When I'm out Christmas shopping I'll have to pop in at the Arden counter. Breathless and Iced Grape sound promising. Helps very much.  Woman Very Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 those are really pretty colors. Have you worn the ones you purchased?  How do they last?  I get so frustrated when my lipstick is gone it seems before I leave the house.  I'm a lipstick nut.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@suzyQ3 those are really pretty colors. Have you worn the ones you purchased?  How do they last?  I get so frustrated when my lipstick is gone it seems before I leave the house.  I'm a lipstick nut.

@MoJoV, give me a little more time to answer you properly. I'll test run them.

I will say, thought, that I stay away from lipsticks whose main feature is that they last a very long time because they tend to be more drying.