Respected Contributor

Elf Summer Breeze eye palette

I saw this on their website and immediately thought it would be perfect for fall.  The colors looked very vibrant.  Only $10 but it was out of stock.  So I requested an email when it came back in stock.  Received it today and a little disappointed.  As you can see, the colors represented on the box are clearly not what is in the package.  The colors are very muted compared to what it shows on the website.  Although I tried some on and they are very lovely, just not an intense as I would have liked.

006.JPG

Super Contributor

Re: Elf Summer Breeze eye palette

I tried their eyelash curler and it was just as good as Sephora brand!  Couldn't believe it was only $1.00 and included a rubber refill !!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like those shades. Did you try using a shadow primer before applying them? @hoosieroriginal That might help make the colors more intense for you.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I like those shades. Did you try using a show primer before applying them? @hoosieroriginal That might help make the colors more intense for you.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee  Yes, I use a primer.  Just not good color payoff.  Like NYX eyeshadows much better - I'll be sticking with them.  There are some great Elf products and I have gotten eyeshadows in the past with much more color in them.

Honored Contributor

Sadly, both NYX and Elf made in China.

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal  I have this palette and like it, BUT if you want a warm toned highly pigmented eyeshadow palette and you like NYX then I highly recommend the new NYX Warm Rust palette. I just received mine last week and it's beautiful!! It is a good alternative to the new UD Naked Heat palette but I just didn't want to spend $52 so I got the NYX one for $18.  I used some of the shades over the weekend and loved them. You may already know about this palette though, but thought I'd recommend. 

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@hoosieroriginal  I have this palette and like it, BUT if you want a warm toned highly pigmented eyeshadow palette and you like NYX then I highly recommend the new NYX Warm Rust palette. I just received mine last week and it's beautiful!! It is a good alternative to the new UD Naked Heat palette but I just didn't want to spend $52 so I got the NYX one for $18.  I used some of the shades over the weekend and loved them. You may already know about this palette though, but thought I'd recommend. 

@wvumountiefan - I actually saw the NYX pallete AFTER I purchased the Elf - wish I had seen it before - it is  in my cart - I have a $5 off coupon (which they send you with each purchase by the way!)  So, yes, I think I will be purchasing it - thanks - glad you are enjoying yours.  NYX is definitely more pigmented than Elf.  I have the NYX Perfect Filter in Olive You and it is beautiful!  I highly suggest it to you.

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@wvumountiefan - I actually saw the NYX pallete AFTER I purchased the Elf - wish I had seen it before - it is  in my cart - I have a $5 off coupon (which they send you with each purchase by the way!)  So, yes, I think I will be purchasing it - thanks - glad you are enjoying yours.  NYX is definitely more pigmented than Elf.  I have the NYX Perfect Filter in Olive You and it is beautiful!  I highly suggest it to you.

It's funny that you mentioned the $5 coupon as I wanted to share it with you, but I knew the post would get poofed..

I may have to try the Perfect Filter in Olive. I'll check it out. 

Honored Contributor

They sure look pretty!  Very nice selection.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin